Announcements > ISP Offers & Deals

BT Infinity - offers for existing customers.

<< < (7/9) > >>

kitz:
On reflection I could have worded it better.

Yes I was looking around as Vodafone had a really good deal on for their existing mobile customers.   I also looked at Origin who seemed OK who use Vodafone wholesale for backhaul.     But that was at the time when I found out VF were on a strict no for using any modem other than their own.   There were also a couple of other considerations such as static IP and the fact they use Openreach Standard DLM profile rather than Speed.   

With my connection being like it is, then I would end up being permanently being interleaved which was a major factor to consider.   On the Speed profile its giving me an additional ~4.5Mbps and better latency.   So bearing in mind there's only a few ISPs that use Speed, that basically limited me to AAISP, Zen, PN, ID-net or possibly BT.  So as I was looking based on cost, VFM and services it shortlisted it to PN.   So next step renegotiate contract with PN who price matched.

I hate how you have to price match each year these days and wish the ISP industry would stop this 'new customers only' malarkey which we can thank OFCOM for  >:(  At least PN usually will negotiate - but you shouldn't have to. 

Chrysalis:
Ideal isp would be.

IPoE based, seems only TT retail and sky offer this in UK on FTTC
Native IPv6, IPv4 dual stacked.
Dont forbid own equipment.
Proper tech support with lots of tech info provided e.g. like AAISP with their profile reports and ping graphs.
Choice of backhaul AAISP can choose TTB or BTw
Monthly and 6 month contracts, again only AAISP
No jumping through hoops to report a fault.
Speed profile on DLM, maybe even allow end user to choose other profiles for preference.
Ability to use openreach's new DLM reset process.

sotonsam:

--- Quote from: Chrysalis on June 15, 2018, 02:11:40 PM ---Ideal isp would be.

IPoE based, seems only TT retail and sky offer this in UK on FTTC
Native IPv6, IPv4 dual stacked.
Dont forbid own equipment.
Proper tech support with lots of tech info provided e.g. like AAISP with their profile reports and ping graphs.
Choice of backhaul AAISP can choose TTB or BTw
Monthly and 6 month contracts, again only AAISP
No jumping through hoops to report a fault.
Speed profile on DLM, maybe even allow end user to choose other profiles for preference.
Ability to use openreach's new DLM reset process.

--- End quote ---

Pretty much agree with that list - would add 'Unlimited Usage' to it as well. I love AAISP, but the quota is proving a little difficult for me thus far. For the first time in years I'm having to watch what I do online..!

j0hn:
Unfortunately there isn't a single ISP that matches that list.

IPoE limits you to Sky and Talktalk retail.
Both use the OpenReach Standard DLM profile.
All TTB backhaul via other ISP's is PPP.

Weaver:
@Chrys Is that IPoE because of the overheads?

@Sotonsam what about 1TB ? Which tariff are you on?

I do not have a quota, I just use as much as I want. I am on the ‘units’ tariff, which is extremely expensive during the daytime weekdays.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version