Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: AAISP: Home::1 1TB tariff increasing to 2TB from 1st August  (Read 6475 times)

DaveC

• Reg Member

https://aastatus.net/2535

When we first launched our 1TB tariff, the idea was that it was meant to be 'pretty much unlimited for most people'. Most of our customers don't go over 1TB (1 terabyte) and the quota isn't something they worry about.

However, usage patterns change, people watch more streaming video and download more. In an effort to keep to the original goal of the 1TB tariff, we're happy to announce that from August 1st the 1TB Home::1 tariff will become 2TB/month. No change in cost, and the 'quota bonus' will still be applied.

Our order pages and web pages will be updated w/b 30th July. Customers ordering the 1TB tariff during July will be changed to 2TB on August 1st.

adrianw

• Reg Member
Re: AAISP: Home::1 1TB tariff increasing to 2TB from 1st August
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2018, 11:14:07 PM »

Nice. I wonder if there will be a price reduction for existing 2TB customers.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2018, 08:57:06 AM »

Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2018, 08:13:00 PM »

It's nice news indeed. Assuming the Home::1 tariff still allows customers to have an IPv4 block (it was announced earlier this year) then I will likely downgrade my lines to Home::1 as I don't need the 5TB allowance, 2TB + a small allowance on the other line is more than ample :).

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2018, 06:44:44 PM »

An interesting loophole has come to light with AAISP's pricing if you make crafty use of the quota bonus and your monthly usage is between 201GB and 800GB per month.

Month 1 2TB package:
Use 800GB which means you carry over 600GB (half the unused 1.2TB)

Month 2 200GB package:
Starting allowance is 800GB and all is used

Month 3 back to 2TB and keep repeating.

The interesting thing is that it renders the 300GB package totally redundant. Doing as I suggest costs an extra £15 every other month (average £7.50 per month). The 300GB package costs an extra £10 per month! For anyone using between 301GB and 800GB they save £7.50 per month.
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2018, 11:52:08 PM »

Interesting. That reminds me I need to ask AAISP if they are still honoring what they announced a few months ago. Specifically that they'll issue a static block of IPv4 addresses (/29 I believe) to Home::1, while it was originally only for SoHo::1, but obviously can be recalled if there's a shortage of them I believe. If they are then I might as well downgrade to Home::1.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:10:50 PM by Ixel »

DaveC

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 10:19:12 AM »

The Home::1 webpage states that "An additional block of four or eight IPv4 address is available upon request at no extra cost, contact our sales team.":

https://aa.net.uk/broadband-home1.html

So a /30 or /29 (which would be in addition to the /32 individual IP you already have).

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 11:59:28 AM »

The Home::1 webpage states that "An additional block of four or eight IPv4 address is available upon request at no extra cost, contact our sales team.":

https://aa.net.uk/broadband-home1.html

So a /30 or /29 (which would be in addition to the /32 individual IP you already have).

Perfect. Thanks, yeah I made a typo yesterday, I meant to say /29 (as I have a block of /29 and a /32). I'll ask sales how I should proceed to getting my lines changed to Home::1 2TB, I imagine this would be done via CHAOS but I'll make sure before going ahead. I have no need for a larger block of IPv4, a business grade line, VAT invoices or VIP line monitoring. The main reason I purchased SoHo::1 originally was for the block of IPv4 which Home::1 now offers :), so might as well save some money if I can ;).

EDIT: Contacted AAISP and have been told to email sales, it can be done no problem :congrats:.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 12:42:36 PM by Ixel »