Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Kelly's working with VM?  (Read 1640 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Kelly's working with VM?
« on: May 14, 2016, 10:03:58 AM »

I'm not sure if I have the correct forum, or if this is allowed but oh well lol.

I just noticed a Kelly Communications van drive past my house with a VM logo on the side. It's actually the first time I've seen a Kelly's van with a logo of any IT company.

I know at the moment VM are doing a lot of expanding of their network in the area and they are repairing something thats actually nearby my fibre cabinet so I've been paying special attention to that location.

So what do people think about this move by Kelly's do service VM products?

Its the first time I've seen them with VM. Is this a new thing or am I behind the times?

I've never seen Kelly's name mentioned with VM before. It's usually with Openreach followed by how much of a bad job they made.

I had Kelly's "install" my fibre. Though I'd already done everything for them. He literally just plugged in the HH5 and had his mate at the cabinet switch it on, and off they went after under 5 minutes.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Kelly's working with VM?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 11:25:19 PM »

I'm sure that Kelly's worked with VM about 5yrs ago (just before they started doing the Openreach FTTC installs).
I think they tend to get used for 'overflow' work when the likes of VM/Openreach dont want to go to the bother of training additional permanent staff.

The Kellys/Quinns  vans with another company's logo isnt that unusual.   The guy who did my install had a generic white van with a sign on that said something like  "MJ Quinn working on behalf of Openreach" sticker on the sides.   The Openreach logo was more obvious than the Quinn bit.   Ive since seen quite a few of those signs on sides of vans, so it wouldnt surprise me if Kellys now also did similar.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 11:40:46 PM »

The Openreach logo was more obvious than the Quinn bit.   Ive since seen quite a few of those signs on sides of vans, so it wouldnt surprise me if Kellys now also did similar.

I can confirm that is also true for Kelly Communications . . . for I saw such a van, here in East Anglia, about a fortnight ago.

If I wasn't carrying my week's grocery shopping home, I would have stopped and shown the Kelly man the correct method to enable an EU's VDSL2 circuit. (It would be rather unkind of me to mention that he was staring at a page with just six printed words thereupon -- "This page is intentionally left blank.")  :angel:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2016, 11:54:07 PM »

Slightly ironic as BT/Openreach have now stated that they are trying to bring more work in-house across the the entire company as they have realised it's cheaper, higher quality (i.e. less complaints) and they have greater control over things.

anything