Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Loss of G.INP complaint rasied against TalkTalk  (Read 14393 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Loss of G.INP complaint rasied against TalkTalk
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2016, 06:47:03 PM »

My G.INP was removed on the 29 April, on the 1 May went on fast path, on 9 May back on interleaving.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2016, 06:52:49 PM »

G.inp lost 8th april. Fast path came about 4 days later from memory and has remained since then...

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2016, 09:11:40 PM »

OK I see, not sure why that is relevant to the original complaint though.....

Stuart

Your line has had interleaving and fastpath before but it seems to take 4 to 5 months to go from one to the other which is a very long time for anyone.

Now I can see why G.INP was very important to you

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2016, 10:04:25 PM »

She did say that my complaint was the first they in that office had received on this topic.  I did explain that the fiasco on this with ECI cabinets has left a doubt in my (and I would guess loads of others) mind that if ECI cannot properly support G.INP what real chance is there that these same cabinets will properly support vectoring or G.FAST either, in which case the 'postcode lottery' created by BTOR will only get far worse.

Just FYI G.fast isn't going to be run from cabinets. There isn't going to be much vectoring however some of it will be from ECI kit.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2016, 11:52:01 PM »

Regardless of the technologies involved, must say I support Stuart in making the complaint.  So many organisations these days seem to think they have no obligations for customer service, as long as they have a complaints procedure.  So why not let's use it?   

I have invoked formal complaints procedures of ISPs, Insurance Companies, Pensions trustees, GPs, and more, never regretted and it and even had a few good outcomes.  Brits are often criticised for not being good at complaining, we suffer in silence until Things have gone too far and even then we don't complain, we just rant and rave. :(

And in cases such as ISPs and CPs with outsourced Indian helpdesks, if enough people invoked the complaints procedures, it might must cause enough grief for senior execs to force them to admit, things ain't working. >:(

Good luck, Stuart. :fingers:

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2016, 08:58:31 AM »

For reference this the reply I got from sky after I raised it.

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our service, I have an answer to your technical fault query.  Sky is working with Openreach to resolve the current problems with g.inp on some cabinet's.  We have no estimated date for a resolution but as you said in your query, this has not negatively affected your service and is still working within expected performance levels.  We have also taken aboard your request to be put forward for any trial should there be one in the future.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2016, 10:24:29 AM »

Well after feeling I was getting nowhere with TalkTalk I decided to try to enlist the help of my Local MP and get this issue raised perhaps with the relevant minister and see what happens. Once again I wont hold my breath!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2016, 12:18:05 PM »

Good luck Stuart.

The thing that irks about G.INP is EU's were kept in the dark.   ISP's should have made info available to the EU's.
To be honest if the SP's had made EU's more aware, then possibly there wouldnt be as many 'why have I lost xMbps' of type speeds.
Whilst Openreach are working with ECI to find a solution, this info is also not also being relayed.  When we know that something is being worked on and the info is being relayed, then we are more likely to be patient.

There's a few on here, who think Openreach could perhaps be more selective with their testing..  but then again there is a problem with that in that its some of the SPs who dont like OR directly communicating with the EUs :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2016, 12:31:16 PM »

Interested in Chrys's comments re SKY. Not that I make a habit of it but I called Sky today to speak with Broadband complaints just to ask whether there was any further update/news on g.inp issues with ECI cabs etc..

I was told in a very certain manner that no information had been passed on from OR regardless of what I already knew about this and even if they had any info they would not be allowed to pass it on anyway??!...waste of time really. Was told it was not of interest to support staff to be briefed on these issues..

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2016, 12:34:41 PM »

I cannot help feeling that proper communication would actually help a lot. It would make BT/BTOR look a lot less arrogant than they currently do and might just start to improve their very tarnished image. That said my run ins with BT go back a very long way to the early 70's and their attitude then was just as arrogant and it has not really improved. In these days of electronic communication it is not acceptable for people to be kept in the dark either by ISPs or BT/BTOR and the sooner they realise that the better. In todays modern world the 'dont do as I do, do as I tell you' just wont wash.

Stuart

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2016, 12:35:28 PM »

no information had been passed on from OR regardless of what I already knew about this

False - several updates have been passed to the SPs about this.

Was told it was not of interest to support staff to be briefed on these issues..

That's more your answer :(
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »

Yeap I made a point about this being already known in the public domain but again told several times no information had been passed on from OR....even though we know this is not the case..

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2016, 12:41:11 PM »

Kitz in the light of your comments here and in the ECI thread I am going to contact the lady from TT again who called me and ask a few more pertinent questions about why more information was not and seemingly is not forthcoming from them about this kind of situation.

Stuart

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2016, 02:16:55 PM »

@Stuart,  if you want to escalate this further and/or give TT the motivation to help, one tactic I once used (thirty years ago) to good effect was to contact local TV news programmes.  Got my 5 mins of fame,  by the time BBC phoned back to arrange a visit, ITV had already been out to see me.  My issue was duly broadcast in every ITV local news bulletin of the day.

If it's a slow news day they might well take the bait, after all it affects lots of 'local people' and everybody has heard of Talk Talk.    Far more effective than the dedicated consumer shows, the likes of 'Watchdog' seems to be scripted and planned far in advance and I don't think they take any actual notice of individual approaches.

Providing of course you're not camera-shy, they'd probably want to interview you... :-[

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2016, 11:41:18 PM »

Interested in Chrys's comments re SKY. Not that I make a habit of it but I called Sky today to speak with Broadband complaints just to ask whether there was any further update/news on g.inp issues with ECI cabs etc..

I was told in a very certain manner that no information had been passed on from OR regardless of what I already knew about this and even if they had any info they would not be allowed to pass it on anyway??!...waste of time really. Was told it was not of interest to support staff to be briefed on these issues..

I will be honest, I did have to be firm with sky, initially I got a couple of idiotic replies, thats when I gave them clear instructions to copy and paste my statement word for word and keep passing it up the chain until someone understands the content.  I didnt hear anything for a few weeks and then got that reply.

Isp's have been informed by Openreach on what is going on, kitz is correct on that.  But they either playing dumb or not filtering it down the chain.

Also to add sky didnt answer me fully, I did also ask why they withholding the information, they chose to ignore that question.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 11:43:52 PM by Chrysalis »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5