Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BT Wholesale Availability Checker / "there is currently a Broadband cease ...."  (Read 1804 times)

roswellgrey

Situation

BT Infinity 1 (40/10) customer who is in the process of migrating to another ISP (80/20).
Market A exchange so no LLU involved
BT Retail knows it's a migration as they have told me that in correspondence i.e. "Another service provider has told us you want to move your phone line and broadband over to them ....." i.e. no cease mentioned and no charges i.e. no cease fee

Now the question ....

The BT wholesale checker has the key phrase "There is currently a Broadband cease pending or in progress against this line ..."
Should I be seeing this slightly worrying phrase ? 
Does the "product " change from 40/10 to 80/20 mandate a "cease and reprovide" rather than a transfer/migration ?
Or does a migration cause the above phrase to be displayed on the checker ? (it's slightly misleading if that is the case ...)

Just wondered if anyone has seen this before :)

« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 05:54:21 PM by roswellgrey »
Billion 8800NL

atkinsong

• Reg Member

I have very recently moved from Plusnet to BT and noticed exactly the same the day after I ordered from BT. The switch went ahead on the due date with no problems at all. It's nothing to worry about.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

roswellgrey

Appreciate the response  - thanks :)

Recently,  I have read a couple of examples where people have lost their card slot on a full cabinet when only renewing a contract with the same supplier due to a mistaken FFTC cease being raised .... now I could live with a few days outage , but back to 20CN would cause me a lot of grief  :o
Billion 8800NL

anything