Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Loss of G.INP complaint rasied against TalkTalk  (Read 14382 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Loss of G.INP complaint rasied against TalkTalk
« on: May 10, 2016, 08:54:08 PM »

Having got no where in raising my issue over this as a fault with TT I have now raised a complaint with them. I suspect this will go no where either but hey I feel better having a rant. Perhaps if I still get the brush off from TT as I suspect I will I'll try the CEO ... then I might try OFCOM.... but you never know ... I live in hope ... for now!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

niemand

• Kitizen
Re: Loss of G.INP complaint rasied against TalkTalk
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 08:56:19 PM »

You are aware TalkTalk have absolutely no control over this, and no recourse of any kind with Openreach, right?

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 09:06:12 PM »

You are aware TalkTalk have absolutely no control over this, and no recourse of any kind with Openreach, right?

Yes but the point here is that unless customers complain to their ISPs nothing will happen. Just remember 'He who pays the piper calls the tune' TT pay BT or BTOR. If we all complain and all get the brush off from our ISPs then we all complaint to OFCOM then someone somewhere will get fed up with all this noise and maybe just maybe do something about this situation. But if we all sit on our hands and do nothing then yes nothing will happen. So if you are fed up raise a complaint and dont be fobbed off. BTOR in this situation have been totally incompetent and some how we must find a way to make them realise it. So complain to your ISP, then to OFCOM and then to your MP and just dont sit on your hands.

Stuart

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 09:49:36 PM »

Yes but the point here is that unless customers complain to their ISPs nothing will happen.

And the reason why G.INP was removed from the ECI estate to many issues with G.INP than Openreach could handle and the result is just remove it and we will investigate this further and feck the UK majority of lines who enjoyed G.INP on ECI while it lasted

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2016, 10:03:26 PM »

Yeah us punters can only raise it with the CP due to the structure put in place by ofcom.

JoshShep

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2016, 11:21:29 PM »

Hopefully Openreach will find a fix soon!  :fingers:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 11:38:48 PM »

In a way I agree with this.  EU's have been kept in the dark.
At least we kind of know what's going on and that Openreach are trying to sort a fix out with their supplier.
There will be a lot of users suddenly lost up to 10Mbps and increased latency with no idea WTH is happening, so no doubt that will generate an awful lot of 'where has my speed gone' tickets to the ISPs. 

I didn't bother contacting my ISP when I've had my lowest sync ever and found myself interleaved, because I knew that in a few days there would be a good chance DLM would catch up.   Joe Bloggs wouldnt know that though would he.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2016, 12:00:30 AM »

This time it's different the ECI estate is showing issues on the downstream where as on the huawei estate the issue was coming from the upstream it was an easy fix for Openreach just turn OFF G.INP on the upstream as being the standard config.

The only option for ECI G.INP on the downstream is either ON or OFF and it's OFF for most end-users at the moment, don't know how they are going to fix this issue.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 08:24:18 AM »

Openreach aren't. I'd say this is entirely in the hands of ECI.

I wonder how many complaints this has actually produced from Joe Public rather than the population of forums like these. Given it hasn't hit mainstream news I'm speculating not all that many in the grand scheme.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 09:26:07 AM »

Whilst I agree that fixing this is almost certainly in the hands of ECI I don't believe that BTOR are without blame here. Given the initial issues with G.INP I believe that BTOR did not properly plan testing or rollout of G.INP on the ECI cabinets.

Stuart

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2016, 10:54:42 AM »

@ignitionnet

Considering Openreach say they are "working hard with our vendor to find a permanent solution" does indeed suggest its now in the hands of ECI.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2016, 03:14:23 PM »

Openreach aren't. I'd say this is entirely in the hands of ECI.

I wonder how many complaints this has actually produced from Joe Public rather than the population of forums like these. Given it hasn't hit mainstream news I'm speculating not all that many in the grand scheme.

joe public because the CPs and openreach keep them in the dark 99% wont even know what g.inp is.

Instead they just notice a speed drop and moan at the isp (which even then is probably only a few %, maybe 5% max).

This would have been the same as the bodged hauwei rollout.  But that few % was enough for them to come up with a fix.

There is some obvious cheap fix options available to openreach, however I think they wont take them up and instead put the onus on ECI, if ECI fail to deliver then I expect no g.inp.

As I said before, openreach testing of new configuration is clearly flawed, as well as the CPs policy of keeping end users in the dark, I know why they do this, they do this to manage expectations and to hide the truth from end users hence your comment about joe public not complaining because they got no clue whats going on, this is very wrong but it will continue as long as they get away with it.

ECI could quite easily come back to BT with something like this "we only support using compliant modem's with our product and you are responsible for enforcing this on your network".
« Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 03:18:56 PM by Chrysalis »

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 03:43:47 PM »

I rather suspect that 90% of joe public don't even look at a speed tester and will be totally unaware of any speed drop.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 05:19:22 PM »

Well I had a response to my complaint email today which was less than useless. Basically they had not addressed my questions at all and suggested I talk to support about my line. I have replied pointing out that the ONLY issue is the removal of G.INP which caused the speed drop and asked again what they are doing about chasing BTOR on this.

I suspect I'll get another useless answer.....  >:(

Stuart

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2016, 05:26:29 PM »

basic tech support wont have a clue what you on about, escalate it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5