Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: G.INP B0 DS Interleaving depth @4  (Read 1864 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
G.INP B0 DS Interleaving depth @4
« on: May 05, 2016, 08:54:32 PM »

Noticed a while ago that G.INP has been stuck at a interleaving depth of 4 so went over the MDWS stats history and noticed the change from a depth of 8 to 4 occurred when G.INP on the upstream was activated with a US depth of 4

Once the removal of G.INP on the upstream to depth 1 the DS has remained at 4 since the 8th of september 2015 and has never changed since.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP B0 DS Interleaving depth @4
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 10:00:02 PM »

Note on the "INP" graph, you had downstream INP values of 45-47 when interleaving 8 or 16, but INP had jumped to 50-52 when interleaving was 4.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 10:19:20 PM »

INP will only change from 50 - 51 these days on interleaved 4 during a resync any idea why the DLM has chosen this number, to me the more interleaving and INP you have = better error correction would an interleave depth of 8 and a INP of 47 not be better for my line

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 10:27:42 PM »

IMO, but it is definitely only an opinion, the higher values of INP means DLM is seeking *more* protection from noise. That was certainly the case before G.INP, and I think it remains the case.

However, the depth of interleaving is only one of the resulting framing parameters that can be changed - the width (or block size) is important (parameter I in the framing data), as are the FEC parameters (R and N in the framing data).

These aren't graphed, so you can't see the history, but my experience is that higher FEC protection was put in place with higher INP values, even if the interleaving depth dropped. I'm not sure of the consequence for the block size. There is definitely interplay between all these parameters.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 10:50:02 PM »

IMO, but it is definitely only an opinion, the higher values of INP means DLM is seeking *more* protection from noise. That was certainly the case before G.INP, and I think it remains the case.

Thanks WB this line if on fastpath would see 2000 errored seconds per day and 144-200 with the old style interleaving so the higher INP is seeing noise on this circuit.

I am just curious to why the DS interleave depth was halved at the same time US G.INP became active was it just coincidental.

There are a lot more members on MDWS with a G.INP interleaved depth of 4 must go and inspect some of them when I get some time.

anything