Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Bilion 8800AXL iptables  (Read 1153 times)

jimgb17

Bilion 8800AXL iptables
« on: May 01, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »

Hi Forum

Iam Trying to figure a way to White list a Ip address for my voip server want to allow only one external ip to port 80 on server 192.168.1.100

can i use iptables like.

Code: [Select]
iptables -A INPUT -p tcp -s xx.xx.xx.xx --dport PORT -j ACCEPTh
Is this possible ?
I have tried using the WEB ui but can never seem to get it working it works perfecton my 7800n router

loonylion

• Reg Member
Re: Bilion 8800AXL iptables
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 10:46:23 AM »

that will add it to the end of INPUT, you probably want to add it near the top, so iptables -i 1 or similar to put it in the first entry and bump everything else down one.

You also have an extra letter on the end of accept, which will likely break it.

iMx

Re: Bilion 8800AXL iptables
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 11:29:19 AM »

Just so I understand, you want to port forward port 80 to an internal server?  If so you need to use PREROUTING and DNAT, INPUT is input to the router which is not the same as through the router.  Something like:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -s x.x.x.x -p tcp --dport 80 -j DNAT --to-destination 192.168.1.100

Then the required FORWARD rules (FORWARD is through the firewall/router, input/output are to the router/firewall itself) if not maintaining state and/or denying all forward (probably permits all, unless you have locked this down) and outbound SNAT rules (which will likely already be there, as you have internet access!).  Example FORWARD rule that might/might not be required

iptables -A FORWARD -p tcp -d 192.168.1.100 --dport 80 -j ACCEPT

Same points about inserting (-I) rather than adding (-A) apply as mentioned above, to make sure the rule placement is above any drop rules.  You could of course also specify input and output interfaces on the PREROUTING rule.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 11:44:50 AM by iMx »