Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: BT Price rises incoming  (Read 5651 times)

stevebrass

• Reg Member
Re: BT Price rises incoming
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 02:48:09 PM »

I am not sure how they can upgrade my line.

VDSL 2km from the cabinet.

I don't watch football either so more premier league matches is not much use to me.

G.Inp added about 2mb downstream. Based on current news looks like that may go. So I get a price rise and a service decrease.

>:(
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 02:53:21 PM by stevebrass »
Netgear Orbi; BT FTTP with Smart Hub 2

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 09:40:32 PM »

Maybe I'm odd but I think the real differentiator - if it's customers notice - will be the higher default repair SLA compared to other CPs.

I agree that this is a big difference, but the average man in the street doesn't see it as a cost worth paying.

However, I'm not sure it will make the BTR SLA "better" than their main CP competition - I'm pretty convince that Sky and TT already have better SLA terms than BT's standard WLR3 terms. It will, obviously, be better than "old BT", which is worthwhile anyway.

However, I wonder how well equipped Openreach are for 35% of their installed base to jump up to a higher SLA. Presumably they need increased staffing to respond to this.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 10:12:01 PM »

However, I'm not sure it will make the BTR SLA "better" than their main CP competition - I'm pretty convince that Sky and TT already have better SLA terms than BT's standard WLR3 terms. It will, obviously, be better than "old BT", which is worthwhile anyway.

It would surprise me if Sky and Talktalk have a higher SLA than BT - in fact, I am pretty sure that TT negotiated a lower SLA with Openreach for their customers.

I imagine Openreach have already planned for the change - it does seem that BT Consumer are now trying more to differentiate themselves more on service than price. Ironically, it could actually mean all those who have historically accused Openreach of favoring BT customers will in future be right - if not for the reasons they think  :)

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2016, 06:59:59 AM »

In the past, the lowest Openreach Service Maintenance Level for LLU lines was one level higher than the lowest Service Maintenance Level available for WLR3. So if everyone was taking the cheapest and slowest option, LLU lines had better service. More recently, Openreach made the lowest service level, previously only available for WLR3, also available to LLU lines. If LLU providers downgraded their lines to the lowest service level, then it's possible Openreach now have plenty of spare resources for someone to take a higher service level.
Pages: 1 [2]