Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Lost G.INP, interleave started, sync speed lost - can't contact modem over http  (Read 7004 times)

shadow4dog

Hi,

This morning I had an interesting issue develop and I wanted to get your opinions...

At 8am this morning my FTTC line re-synced and dropped G.INP. Previously the line had been on fast path but the DLM decided to put it onto interleave which has lost 6Mb - it's now below the lower clean line BT estimate.

When I attempted to logon to the H612 via http it didn't respond, whereas it had the night before. Telnet still seems to work and is sending stats to mydslwebstats. I then rebooted the HG612 just in case... it had an uptime of over 90 days.

I wonder if the modem may have developed a fault or that BT have removed G.INP from the line deliberately.

Do you think it's worth removing the HG612 and replacing it with my Billion 8800nl?

Thanks
Tim

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER
Telephone Number 01xxxxxxxxx on Exchange SEAFORD is served by Cabinet xx
Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

High   Low   High   Low      
FTTC Range A (Clean)   80   65.9   20   20   --   Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)   73.8   42.9   20   12.7   --   Available
WBC ADSL 2+   Up to 4.5   --   3 to 7   Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M   Up to 4.5   Up to 0.5   3 to 7   Available
ADSL Max   Up to 3.5   --   2.5 to 6.5   Available
WBC Fixed Rate   1   --   --   Available
Fixed Rate   1   --   --   Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast   --   --   --   Available
Copper Multicast   --   --   --   Available
For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (FTTC or WBC SOGEA) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

There are no left in jumpers available on this line. This line is on a Market B Exchange.

For FTTC Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

Thank you for your interest.

Dray

• Kitizen

G.INP is being removed from ECI cabinets. Are you connected to an ECI cabinet?

shadow4dog

Yes. I'm on an ECI cabinet.

If it's BT I'd have thought they'd reset the lines connected to cabinets so that they'd return to their pre-G.INP'd state. I'll log a call with my ISP.

Thanks
Tim

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk

I note 3 people from MDWS have had g.inp removed this morning.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

shadow4dog

Thanks Kitz.

I'll report it as a fault to my ISP.

Thanks
Tim

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

Gathering pace it seems with the removal. Was up to 8 yestderday evening now on 11.

Wouldn't it be nice if a mk2 g.inp was to come along at some point after the removal..

Dray

• Kitizen

It looks to me like Openreach are doing live testing which usually indicates panic  :crazy: :scare:

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

I hope I get mine back first seeing as I lost it at the start of the month  ;D  :lol:

iMx

Lost mine today about 8am, lost about 6M as well, ECI cab, 8800NL.

shadow4dog

Thanks.

At least I'm not on my own and it's not my equipment that's faulty.

BT can come over and get my line back to how it was when it was installed in 2012. I wish.

Thanks
Tim

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF

is a shame this is happening as from what I have observed the vast majority of people on ECI are happy with G.iNP.  It is starting to look like openreach are struggling to find the exact cause for the problematic lines so have had to widen the net.

Regarding the hg612, the problem sounds like what occasionally happens to my 8800nl :p stays synced but lan side locks up, usually at around 6-10 months uptime.

Alex Atkin UK

• Addicted Kitizen
    • Thinkbroadband Quality Monitors

Mine went this morning too, ECI cab.  I didn't even realise I had been put on G.INP in the first place, so clearly had no issues on my line.

It doesn't seem to have any impact on my speed but the darn interleaving means I now have 8ms higher latency than I ever have before on VDSL >:(.
Broadband: Zen Full Fibre 900 + Three 5G Routers: pfSense (Intel N100) + Huawei CPE Pro 2 H122-373 WiFi: Zyxel NWA210AX
Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, Netgear MS510TXPP, Netgear GS110EMX My Broadband History & Ping Monitors

Adam86

The same happened to me a couple of days ago too with my HG612 on a ECI Cabinet.  G.INP was applied and all was really well and then I noticed a couple of days ago I had lost 7mbit sync and interleaving applied.

I dont log my stats unfortunatley only occassionally check them.

Will interleaving eventually be turned back off? is it just a case of waiting for a couple of weeks?

shadow4dog

On my line, after 3 days, the DLM resynced the line and removed interleaving.

However, it's still not in the same state it was before G.INP syncing 5Mb below what it did before and it's also resulted in a stuck bt profile which is making it over 10Mb slower than when G.INP started.

I've tried disconnecting the line for 40 minutes, now twice, to unstick the bt profile. My ISP doesn't seem to know what bt profiles are telling me that the only thing that limit line speed is the sync speed! I hoping my ISP, Plusnet, will get this sorted at some point. :-)

blue166

I have never been interleaved until now. Ping gone from 8ms to 16ms. Speed from 75 down to 69. Upload seems normal.

Can't say I am happy about this as my connection has been fast path for 2 and a half years. Am I going to have to complain to BT or wait? Or try switching ECI modems off.

I am on an ECI cab.
Pages: [1] 2