Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Bursts of upstream FECs same time every day  (Read 18304 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Bursts of upstream FECs same time every day
« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2016, 07:51:56 AM »

That's what normally happens to mine. I'll leave it a few days and see if mine goes back again.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2016, 07:55:54 AM »

Ours started on the 5 April, so you may need to leave it more than a few days, although it would be interesting to see if a re-connection cure's it. I wonder if we'll still get the peak tonight.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2016, 09:29:37 AM »

My line has always had large impulse noise events often around the same times each day.  The CAB is in a town centre and I have blamed things being switched on and off in shops and restaurants or someone leaning on the CAB making a mobile phone call.   My Zyxel VMG1312 seems like previous Zyxel's worst at handling these events, on fast path it gave very large error events of sufficient size to annoy the DLM.  Now with G.inp (on eci) I hoped for better and to a degree things are better but now I get the odd very large FEC spikes which don't worry me much but twice a resync with RDI-4  Misdetection has occured.  Only some of this is on MDWS.  I am giving the Zyxel one last chance today before it is consigned to dust gathering or ebay.   When I use an HG612 the FEC spikes are roughly one hundredth of the size.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #78 on: April 13, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »

At my works line we're on a industrial estate so will be various sources of noise, and indeed when we were interleaved you could see this increase during working hours, now we're on g.inp we just get this strange peak at 21:00, this is an eci cab with HG612.

At home I'm using a ZyXel with ECI cab and G.Inp, but hardly any fec's.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #79 on: April 13, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »

The problem here is that we are seeing large bursts at the same exact hour every night between 21:00 and 22:00 on upstream only and this has ONLY started AFTER G.INP was enabled. Prior to this my upstream was very stable and my cab is in a residential area. Occasionally itseems that we can experience these FECs all the time but still with the same increase at 21:00.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: April 15, 2016, 07:42:27 AM »

Our's has returned to the 80,000 level last night, and I see that @Broadstairs has stepped up a level to 120,000   ??? Most strange!

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: April 15, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »

Our's has returned to the 80,000 level last night, and I see that @Broadstairs has stepped up a level to 120,000   ??? Most strange!

Yes not dropped back last night at 10pm. I'll give it another couple of days and if it has not recovered I'll reboot the router.

Stuart

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2016, 06:04:22 PM »

Has anyone noticed problems with these FEC are they impacting bandwidth at all?

I have the same issue but I haven't noticed it day to day.

IFTN 0xb204 btw
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:33:00 PM by S.Stephenson »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2016, 06:51:21 PM »

They've never affected our works connection that used to around 600,000 per minute for weeks on end.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2016, 09:58:49 PM »

I can't say I've noticed any adverse effect either, however they should not be happening.

Stuart

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2016, 09:20:56 AM »

I was not looking at my stats properly.  I was using an older 5.4 version of dslstats which seemed not to upload any upstream FEC.  I do in fact also get large bursts of upstream FEC and always from about 21:00 to 21:30.

I am surprised so many are possible with an interleaving depth of 1 and without any matching CRC increase.  I tried moving from a speed capped HG612 to an uncapped Zyxel VMG1312.  See below the two days one with each.  The Zyxel get a lot more FEC some no doubt due to being uncapped in speed and perhaps some due to the different chipset.

The change in response may suggest the errors are in some way real.  As you say "I can't say I've noticed any adverse effect either, however they should not be happening."

Given that I assume that we are geographically separate it is very very odd.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 10:06:56 AM by les-70 »

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #86 on: April 20, 2016, 09:41:30 AM »

I was not looking at my stats properly.  I was using an older 5.4 version of dslstats which seemed not to upload any upstream FEC.  I do in fact also get large bursts of upstream FEC and always from about 21:00 to 21:30.

I am surprised so many are possible with an interleaving depth of 1 and without any matching CRC increase.  I tried moving from a speed capped HG612 to an uncapped Zyxel VMG1312.  See below the two days one with each.  The Zyxel get a lot more FEC some no doubt due to being uncapped in speed and perhaps some due to the different chipset.

The change in response may suggest the errors are in some way real.  As you say "I can't say I've noticed any adverse effect either, however they should not be happening."

Given that I assume that we are geographically separate is is very very odd.

I think this shows that while there is an increase using a ZyXEL the fact that some errors were still there using an HG612 shows that the problem is unlikely to be related to the modem.

I think the georgraphic assumption is likely to be correct as my screen name is indeed where I live  ;)

William it is unlikely you will see tis issue as you are on a Huawei cab and so far this is only seen on ECI cabs with G.INP active.

Stuart
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:06:48 PM by burakkucat »

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #87 on: April 30, 2016, 11:16:06 AM »

My upstream FEC bursts seem to have been removed by Openreach removing G.inp from my ECI DSLAM line.  Does anyone else have the same experience? if so I wonder if this issue is in any way related to the G.INP/ECI mess.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

anything