Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Plusnet refusing to send openreach out  (Read 26698 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
Re: Plusnet refusing to send openreach out
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2016, 01:37:17 PM »

I think it could be either of:
  • The first and second engineers shouldn't have been sent.
  • They sent out an engineer because they had to be seen to be doing something, rather than just tell you that oh well, speeds can go down over time. Perhaps they were hoping the engineer would plug in their tester, tell you everything was fine and you were still getting fairly good speeds, and explain all sorts of reasons why you speeds could have dropped that they can't do anything about. They were hoping that an engineer checking things and telling you that there's no fault would have satisfied you that they've tried to fix your issue. Obviously this backfired terribly when one of the engineers made things worse.

I also wonder if Plusnet have some fixed monthly budget to spend on engineer visits, so if it hasn't been used up yet, some people get a boost or SFI engineer visit to make Plusnet look good, if it's been used up, other people get told that there's nothing they can do.

In my case today with plusnet

Estimated line speed:
80Mb (This may vary between 65.2Mb and 80Mb) - Checked on 2016-04-19 12:18:33

I currently am syncing at 57mbps and when ringing them they said they are sending out an engineer to do some external work to see what can be done, they said to expect an update by Wednesday.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2016, 01:44:58 PM »

Actually I've had four "engineers", two on each occasion.

On 11/04/16 I had one that didn't have a clue and all he did was "telephone stuff", the other did nothing other than keep his hands in his pockets except to puff on his electronic cigarette.

On 21/04/16 I had another turn up who did "telephone stuff" with faulty test equipment, he called his mate to come over, another "telephone stuff" guy. They proceeded to take readings all over the place with said faulty equipment, surprisingly getting no useable information, they then swapped me onto another pair and buggered off without testing it or waiting for me to see if it was better or worse. They did say they would be back, then an hour later phoned me and after me telling them it was far worse told me they would not be returning!

Busted flushes the lot of them.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2016, 05:25:38 PM »

Just been checking out some alternative ISP's for next week should PlusNet decide not to budge and found the Aquiss estimate to be interesting given it is pretty much what I did get on the download and is better on the upload. The upload is actually what I used to get some 3 years ago on FTTC, whether that is still possible though, who knows as it seems to me PlusNet and Openreach will give you the bear minimum (or less!) and nothing else.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2016, 05:49:08 PM »

If the VM network is freshly built you should be in good shape, Busa.

This is where I find out you're just down the road from me or something. Although I say that VM are building at a fair pace - 15-20,000 premises per week now.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2016, 05:57:05 PM »

Virgin Media groundworks are done but no cables in yet, no idea what the eta on the project is but given the way Plusnet and Openreach are treating me now it can't come soon enough.

I still have 17 months on my Plusnet contract too but based upon the fact they have constructively reduced my service I firmly believe I have grounds to get out of this as it stands and should things not be resolved I will fight. As a Project Manager I do like a contractual challenge  ;D

It is in the best interests of PlusNet to get this sorted out as you can be sure my reviews with neighbours will not go down well, most of whom have had issues with Openreach themselves anyway. Having said that I don't want them all on the Virgin network do I  :no:

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2016, 06:06:56 PM »

It is in the best interests of PlusNet to get this sorted out as you can be sure my reviews with neighbours will not go down well, most of whom have had issues with Openreach themselves anyway. Having said that I don't want them all on the Virgin network do I  :no:

Should be fine. The kit going in is relatively simple to upgrade if there are any capacity issues looming.

Certainly uptake in this general area was in some cases pretty high and capacity was added promptly.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #36 on: April 25, 2016, 06:52:16 PM »

Well after a further 1.3/4 hours of being passed from Retentions to Technical PlusNet have flatly refused to give me the Broadband Engineer I was promised before Openreach destroyed my line.

I've asked them the following questions which so far they have failed to answer:

Why won't you book an Openreach Boost Engineer to rectify the issues caused by Openreach on my line?

Do you only provide the minimum service to paying customers or do you have a policy of providing the best possible connection the line can manage? Mine can mange at least 10Mbps more than at present.

Why do you tell me you can't book a further Openreach appointment to rectify their mistakes because my line is within limits when it is some 10Mbps less than it was on the two previous occasions you did book Openreach visits?

Is it worth taking this up with the Ombudsman as it is plain to me they will not fix the problem they have caused and are also refusing to release me from my contract? Any ideas on the best course of action other than just cancelling my Direct Debit and letting them sing for it?  >:( >:( >:(

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2016, 06:54:55 PM »

Have you tried the BT CEO?

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2016, 07:11:55 PM »

No, but just raised a formal complaint through their online dispute resolution path.

Just noticed they have actually deleted my 3 month old ticket too, not just closed but actually deleted it! Unfortunately for them I have a full copy of it!

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2016, 08:27:58 PM »

Just been in chat with PlusNet again and they have told me they have not deleted my ticket, strange as it's not there, ticket number is 119535989 and here are all my tickets open and closed.

Fortunately I have a complete copy of the above ticket as I've raised a formal dispute with PlusNet and cited that ticket.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2016, 09:15:54 PM »

Just sent a rather lengthy email to Andy Baker PlusNet's CEO too.

I really can't believe the pig headed attitude and fact they are punishing me for the incompetence of Openreach.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2016, 09:43:46 PM »

Forgot to add, I've also got a thread going on the PlusNet forum if anyone is interested:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Two-OR-visits-and-they-have-made-my-line-worse-on-both-visits/td-p/1328854

Any support would be most welcome, who knows where this might lead if left unchecked!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 11:04:41 PM »

Before involving the Regulator, it would be in your best interest to ask Plusnet for a formal deadlock letter.  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2016, 12:22:09 AM »

Good point, many thanks for that.

I'll call Plusnet again first thing tomorrow and request one.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2016, 12:12:12 PM »

Happy to report I received a response from Andy Baker the CEO of PlusNet this morning. He has escalated this issue for me so hopefully I'll get this resolved now.

Frustrating that you have to go to these lengths to get a company to give a reasonable response after they (or their suppliers in this case Openreach) mess things up, let's see what happens now the big boys are involved.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

anything