Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Plusnet refusing to send openreach out  (Read 26691 times)

Busa

• Reg Member
Plusnet refusing to send openreach out
« on: April 22, 2016, 05:14:54 PM »

After two visits on the 11/04/16 and 21/04/16 by Openreach to correct a low upload speed on my line they managed on both occasions to not only make the upload speed no better or even worse they have also managed to drop my download speed by some 20%.
After several telephone calls and chat sessions to PlusNet I'm keep getting the "your line is operating within the limits" and a refusal to get me a Broadband Engineer to rectify the issues caused by the Telephone Engineers Openreach actually sent.
It may well be just within the estimated speeds however my line has always operated at the high end of the estimate on download, now it has fallen into the realms of a 40/10 connection when I'm actually paying for an 80/20 connection.
I did have a line rate of some 51 to 54Mbps prior to the 11/04/16 when that visit dropped it to 47.6Mbps, now after the visit on 21/04/16 I have a line rate of 41.4Mbps a drop of some 10Mbps in two botched Openreach visits.
Any ideas how can I escalate this issue as I'm just hitting a brick wall in both chat and on the 0800 number?

aesmith

• Kitizen
Re: Plusnet refusing to send openreach out
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2016, 06:07:06 PM »

After several telephone calls and chat sessions to PlusNet I'm keep getting the "your line is operating within the limits"

That was the attitude that finally pushed me to jump ship, on top of the extreme unpleasantness of trying to work with them on a fault, they were always trying to back off citing the estimated speed as some sort of standard.   Fortunately I'd already managed to get an agreement that I could jump ship without contractual penalty, so at that stage I simply closed the fault ticket and placed my migration orders.   As a precaution I cancelled the Direct Debit, just as well because they did try to charge the penalty.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2016, 06:36:06 PM »

@Busa

Could you please summarise what your original fault was, what the low upload speed is, and what you think it should be?

Unfortunately, there's nothing much to guarantee that you'll always continue to get the speeds you once got. There's always the chance, especially when trying to fix a non-problem, that whatever gets done might actually make things worse rather than better.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 06:49:54 PM »

The minimum FTTC A for my upload is 7.5Mbps I was getting less than 5.5Mbps hence PlusNet arranged two Openreach visits. On both of those visits they have failed to make any difference to the upload but have managed to drop my download speed by some 10Mbps. The last visit has managed to drop every tone above 2169 to 0dB.

As said PlusNet arranged these visits when my line was running at a far better speed, they are now playing the "it's running within the estimate" card after Openreach made a mess of things and left knowing they had.

Both visits were supposed to be carried out by a broadband engineer, neither were and they admitted as much to me, in fact the last one did 't even have equipment that was working correctly.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 06:51:20 PM »

Just for clarity from DSL stats, the first was taken almost a month ago before the first visit by Openreach, the second was taken yesterday after the second Openreach visit :

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 07:10:32 PM »

(I've deleted a lot of stuff I probably ought not to say, here's the short version.)

If you are not satisfied with their response to your fault, raise a complaint.

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 07:23:56 PM »

LOL, I have tried but have no idea if it has been raised via the 0800 number as there seems to be no way of telling.

Is there a formal complaint form or number for Plusnet?

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2016, 07:28:16 PM »

The complaint number seems to have disappeared.   What I did at one stage was write the whole thing, the use online chat and ask them to raise a complaint - then paste in the text.

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2016, 07:29:20 PM »

They should raise a ticket on you account

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2016, 07:32:12 PM »

Well after several conversations today, in all of which I asked for this to be raised as a formal complaint they have added no new ticket nor added anything to my existing one.

Think I'll go on chat and ask there too as I can at least get the chat transcript from that.

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2016, 08:14:30 PM »

I think I'm misremembering, when I first complained there was an online form you could use for a complaint, but it was the form that disappeared later not the phone number.  By that stage I took the view the telephoning Plusnet was impossible (I'd experienced too many hold time of an hour or more) and that's why I used the instant chat.

Also have a complain on their forum, not necessarily about the specifics, but about how to get a complaint registered.  Since posts there are visible to the public I think they may be more sensitive.   That's what I had to do to get any response on my billing dispute - not that it's resolved the incorrect bill but at least there was another named individual agreeing that it is incorrect.

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2016, 11:13:45 PM »

Thanks for that although I managed to find it a little earlier this evening and raised another ticket as a complaint.

I'm totally hacked off with the useless staff at PlusNet who just quote minimum rates to you regardless of the evidence and fact Openreach have destroyed my otherwise perfectly fine download speed.

On the plus side Virgin are in the process of putting fibre in my street, groundworks and box (right outside my house) are in just waiting on the cables to be pulled through then I think it's time to kick BT, Openreach and any product using their shoddy infrastructure into touch. They can swivel if they think I'll be paying the rest of my contract period too, they have cost me over £1100 in lost work over the two days with Openreach messing my line up and this has now been ongoing for almost 3 months now.

I have no doubt it's the BT effect slowly but surely taking hold of PlusNet, even the staff used to be more understanding. Now I find some of them are impolite, arrogant and spend their time apologising which just winds me up even more as it's a scripted response which is totally false. I even had one in a chat session today call me by the wrong name then when I pulled him up about it he apologised stating he was in several chats at the same time. I cut him off straight after getting a transcript of the chat and telling him that as he had far more important customers to deal with I was leaving the chat. I would sack him, even for just admitting that to a paying client!

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2016, 11:28:18 PM »

I hope VM serves you better then because they're well known for having major contention issues. 150mbps can be less than 10mbps at busy times

Busa

• Reg Member
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2016, 11:55:40 PM »

I can't comment but I was with Telewest many moons ago before VM took over and that was far better than any FTTC.

I'll take my chances with shiny new infrastructure once it's in over the old copper and *&$% aluminium BT offer. Hopefully I'll not see too much contention as most of my neighbours are old and don't like change  ;D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

anything