Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Issue affecting VOIP & TBB Ping graph during the afternoon  (Read 1073 times)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Issue affecting VOIP & TBB Ping graph during the afternoon
« on: April 22, 2016, 08:56:33 AM »

All this week during the afternoons I've had issues with our VOIP, it's like being on a mobile with bad reception, the sound just keeps breaking up and dropping out. As far as I can tell the person the other end can hear me perfectly, but I don't know if this is always the case.

When this happens we get packet loss on our TBB ping monitor graph, but checking the traffic monitor in our Asus RT-N66U N900 router shows pretty minimal traffic, so it doesn't appear to be congestion on our connection. The very high peak on the extreme right of the traffic monitor graph is a speed test I just carried out. The highest US traffic yesterday afternoon was 374KB/s (2.99sMbps), and downstream was 1375KB/s (11Mbps). Our connection syncs at 40,000kbps/6055kbps and speed test results around 36.25 Mb/s and 5.24 Mb/s

Looking at the stats for the connection I can't see anything out of the ordinary - username Ronskiwork on MWDS, stats graphs also attached.

The connection is a business line with Plusnet, on the Sandwich (NDSAN) exchange. Looking at my home connection ping graph and others for Plusnet I don't see any similar packet loss around the same time. I suspect this may be a local exchange issue, perhaps congestion there.

Any thoughts before I get onto Plus Net support?
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 09:01:06 AM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D