Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSL stats specific tones feature suggestion  (Read 1637 times)

c6em

• Reg Member
DSL stats specific tones feature suggestion
« on: April 16, 2016, 01:28:31 PM »

I hesitate to make this as a request - more of a suggestion as I know requests can be easy to make but rather less easy to program.

Anyway here goes:
Sometimes users get interference occurring on only a few tones or a relatively narrow range of tones.
The result on the overall SNRmargin graph is often less easy to see as while the errors may increase the overall SNRmargin line just drops a bit and usually becomes more spiky.

The ability to monitor the specific tones affected in such circumstances might be quite useful.

So a suggestion for another SNR graph page which can be activated or not.
This page would give the user the ability to selected up to say 4 specific tones to monitor the SNR for.
Trying to plot anymore than 4 on the same plot and the graph would get messy I think.
The user could select which tones to monitor from 4 drop-down boxes long the bottom of the chart page and each box could have a tick-box against it to activate it or not.  So the use could maintain the tone number in the box while choosing or not to graph it.
Each plotted tone should be in a different colour - I'm suggesting linking the plot colour to the drop down box text colour to easily identify which plotted tone was which.

Keep up the good work, 'tis an excellent program.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSL stats specific tones feature suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2016, 03:04:51 PM »

I'll give it some thought, but as you probably realise, I have time limitations which are slowing things down. I will see what I can do.
  Eric

anything