Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: 3dB Target SNRm Live?  (Read 76673 times)

AngelRex

Re: 3dB Target SNRm Live?
« Reply #300 on: October 09, 2017, 12:51:43 PM »

I believe the huawei xdb changes are still going on - my parents line in Wandsworth appears to have benefited from this yesterday morning @10:31. The line is on MDWS under gt94sss2

mbb

« Reply #301 on: February 07, 2018, 02:33:30 PM »

moved house and had a new line installed on Dec1st which is still interleaved. One thing ive noticed keeping an eye on my stats since the install is that my snr hasnt really moved from 6db sometimes rising to 6.1-6.2. Ive only just recently found that BT introduced this 3db target some time ago. Is it still to go live on some cabinets or is it possibly that my max attainable rate is only 40mb being quite far from the cabinet that my snr will not go lower than its current 6db. I feel i could benefit not only from g.inp, but a lower target of 3db would also give me a few extra mb

im connected to a hauwei cabinet using a hg612 modem

thanks. mark

KingJ

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    • Miscellaneous Knowledge
« Reply #302 on: February 07, 2018, 02:55:43 PM »

moved house and had a new line installed on Dec1st which is still interleaved. One thing ive noticed keeping an eye on my stats since the install is that my snr hasnt really moved from 6db sometimes rising to 6.1-6.2. Ive only just recently found that BT introduced this 3db target some time ago. Is it still to go live on some cabinets or is it possibly that my max attainable rate is only 40mb being quite far from the cabinet that my snr will not go lower than its current 6db. I feel i could benefit not only from g.inp, but a lower target of 3db would also give me a few extra mb

im connected to a hauwei cabinet using a hg612 modem

thanks. mark

I beleive xdB requires you to first have G.INP active. Generally it seems once G.INP is active, xdB follows a few days later.
From your posts on the other thread, you don't yet have G.INP active on your line. Follow through the instructions there, and then once G.INP has been enabled on your line keep an eye on it to see if xdB will be applied. xdB is not always guaranteed as it will depend on the quality of your line, but it won't happen regardless until G.INP has been enabled on your line.

mbb

« Reply #303 on: February 07, 2018, 03:01:25 PM »

great stuff thank you

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #304 on: February 07, 2018, 03:04:59 PM »

I beleive xdB requires you to first have G.INP active. Generally it seems once G.INP is active, xdB follows a few days later.
From your posts on the other thread, you don't yet have G.INP active on your line. Follow through the instructions there, and then once G.INP has been enabled on your line keep an eye on it to see if xdB will be applied. xdB is not always guaranteed as it will depend on the quality of your line, but it won't happen regardless until G.INP has been enabled on your line.
^^ Exactly this. I expect KingJ to drop to 5dB in the next day or 2 if the line is deemed stable.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]