Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VDSL Bridge/Extender  (Read 1763 times)

dragon2611

• Just arrived
VDSL Bridge/Extender
« on: April 11, 2016, 10:11:51 AM »

Does anyone know if a VDSL modem/router can sync up to those bridge/VDSl extender devices when they're set to Co/Master mode or do they only work as a pair.

E.g http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/product.php?id=21837 or something simular, preferable one that can switch between 17a/30a, for use in a Lab environment.

I'm guess what I'm asking is in CO/Master mode if it actually would act just like a port on an RDSLAM given I don't really have the space/budget for a full DSLAM  :D
The PPPOE/Vlan 101 backend is the easy bit  ;D
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:16:02 AM by dragon2611 »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: VDSL Bridge/Extender
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 03:49:57 PM »

Does anyone know if a VDSL modem/router can sync up to those bridge/VDSl extender devices when they're set to Co/Master mode or do they only work as a pair.

E.g http://www.planet.com.tw/en/product/product.php?id=21837 or something simular, preferable one that can switch between 17a/30a, for use in a Lab environment.

That is a very good question and one, unfortunately, to which I do not know the answer.  :no:

Perhaps you could contact Planet Technology Corporation directly, ask the question and then update this thread with the answer?  :-\
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

dragon2611

• Just arrived
Re: VDSL Bridge/Extender
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 06:11:56 PM »

I ended up buying a LevelOne branded one off ebay because someone was selling it stupidly cheap (I suspect they didn't know what they were selling).

So we will see...

anything