Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: G.INP rollout 2016 - ECI cabs  (Read 33371 times)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
Re: G.INP rollout 2016 - ECI cabs
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2016, 12:49:09 PM »

so there is no need for them to link up to the fibre feed fed to the chipset in the cabinet at all? Completely independent.

I suppose all that would happen then is that if they want to enable G.FAST in ECI area's then just deploy hauwei equipment in those areas.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2016, 12:54:38 PM »

so there is no need for them to link up to the fibre feed fed to the chipset in the cabinet at all? Completely independent.

I suppose all that would happen then is that if they want to enable G.FAST in ECI area's then just deploy hauwei equipment in those areas.

I'd assume that when BT installed the cabinets they installed more fibre than was needed, so all they need to do is hook it up.

Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they use Skipio hardware in the trail?

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #107 on: April 21, 2016, 12:55:51 PM »

Completely independent.

The three vendors they have run / are running trials with are Huawei, Alcatel-Lucent and ADTRAN.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #108 on: April 21, 2016, 12:59:38 PM »

The fibre is blown on demand, there's not an abundance already delivered to cabinets, and some cabinets have WDM kit in them to reduce fibre count from aggregation nodes so in at least some areas there isn't an abundance available from the aggregation node either.

Sckipio are a chipset manufacturer. They supply reference designs for CPE and chipsets for some of the G.fast nodes Openreach have tested. The actual nodes, at least one of which includes Sckipio's chipset, are produced by the three I mentioned below.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #109 on: April 21, 2016, 08:50:02 PM »

Never heard of ADTRAN but the other 2 vendors are good news.

Geekofbroadband

• Reg Member
« Reply #110 on: April 21, 2016, 09:25:44 PM »

This has probably been said answered somewhere but I don't think I've seen it.

So why can't the BT Home Hub 5 Type A fully support G.INP? We know lantiq can support it and its not a lack of resources like with the ECI modems and even then theres ECI modems on eBay which support it so why cant BT make it work when other companys/people can?

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #111 on: April 22, 2016, 04:45:51 AM »

I don't believe there's any lack of resources on the ECI modems. I believe the memory used for ReTx is the same memory that would otherwise be used for interleaving, and it's possible that this relatively small amount of memory is integrated within the main VRX268 chip rather than allocated from main system memory.

It's also been assumed that because the ECI modems and the HH5A apparently haven't been given a suitable firmware update, then there must be some technical reason why this isn't possible, rather than that no-one wants to do it because it would cost too much. The lack of detailed stats from the HH5A and ECI modems with their OEM firmware make it difficult to determine if ReTx is enabled in either direction, but hopefully the OpenWRT builds for the HH5A and ECI modems demonstrate the hardware is capable of doing it.

I think the reason a suitable firmware doesn't seem to have been done is not known.

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #112 on: April 22, 2016, 03:53:49 PM »

Never heard of ADTRAN but the other 2 vendors are good news.

Interesting. They do a lot of different kit.

Data sheet for G.fast products. There are 48 port indoor and outdoor variants of the G.fast CPE.

16 port G.fast FTTdp node.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2016, 02:14:26 PM »

Is there any hope left for another attempt of GINP for ECI cabinets?  Mr Sheep are you happy to share some cryptic clues?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2016, 09:20:35 PM »

Yes there is, but not this year by the looks of it, see post linked to below

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,18124.msg328484.html#msg328484

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

anything