Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: G.INP rollout 2016 - ECI cabs  (Read 33517 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP rollout 2016 - ECI cabs
« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2016, 08:01:35 PM »

Its 4.7.5.1.83.8.173.1.4 and has been plugged in for months maybe a year

Dray I had a HH5A and that firmware is very old like 2013/2014
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 08:05:36 PM by NewtronStar »

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2016, 08:02:25 PM »

Yes it contacts the tr69 server. Those things have all been tried but BT refuse to replace it as its working properly.

MrBelter

« Reply #62 on: April 14, 2016, 12:36:29 PM »

My HH5 Type A hasn't received an update for yonks and its been playing up (i'm on an ECI cab installed in 2011). Anyway i asked on Facebook if anyone had a HH5 Type B they didn't want and to my absolute surprise someone said yes and they gave me it for nowt. The Type B updated its firmware that night and i then did a pinhole reset and my line has been brilliant since.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2016, 12:50:00 PM »

Yeah I'm sure the HH5B supports G.INP I just wish someone would prove the HH5A does too

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #64 on: April 14, 2016, 01:12:30 PM »

Interesting- that is really old f/w :(

I don't know exactly which f/w it was enabled on.. all I know is that with regards to any BT equipment it is supposed to 'be capable with the latest firmware' and I made a note of the current f/w version in the main 2015 G.INP thread last year, which is also why I was able to quote that particular software version to you.   As I also said above,  I suspected it may have gone earlier, but that the prior version was known to have introduced several bugs.
If, as the others say your f/w relates to 2013/2014 then it may possibly not be.

I just wish someone would prove the HH5A does too

Typical signs would be an increase in latency of 8/16ms if your line isnt interleaved normally. 
Sync speed is not a good indicator - Even on my own line prior to g.inp I got ~7Mbps difference between a Lantiq VRX-268 and BCM63168 based modems. 

The best way to check would be to put the HH5A on your line and keep it on your line for at least a day so that DLM has a chance to catch up.   Then whilst the HH5A is on the line ask your ISP to do a GEA service test to get your DLM profile. 

See: How can I tell if G.INP / Retransmission has been applied to my line?

You must ensure that the HH5A is on the line when they run the test and I recommend that it has been on for the previous 24hrs just as a precaution against it picking up any previous profile related to another router that may be fully g.inp capable.   Whilst guides say DLM changes occur over night we have been seeing far more happen much later in the day -  I may be being over cautious - but hence me recommending at least a day to ensure that the ISP is seeing the correct profile.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2016, 01:16:05 PM »

ask your ISP to do a GEA service test to get your DLM profile. 
I have no idea who to ask for that

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2016, 04:38:45 PM »

Anyway what's the point? We already know my HH5A firmware doesn't support G.INP. :doh:

MrBelter

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2016, 04:47:06 PM »

You've probably tried it but a pinhole reset? My HH5 Type A firmware wasnt that old.

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2016, 04:50:22 PM »

fraid so  :comp:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »

ask your ISP to do a GEA service test to get your DLM profile. 
I have no idea who to ask for that

Your ISP.

Raise a support ticket.  I asked mine for one and got one...  only cause I wanted to put the image up on the site - although they didnt know that.
Say your HH5A is on old f/w and wont update or something and you want to know your DLM profile.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2016, 05:08:49 PM »

Anyway what's the point? We already know my HH5A firmware doesn't support G.INP. :doh:

You asked for a way to find out and I told you.
Does your latency massively increase when using the HH5A?
-----

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2016, 05:13:50 PM »

Yeah but I can't find out. Anyone else could though.

Ping up, sync down. I'm on a Huawei cab so a bit O/T in this thread.

Terranova667

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »

Just to say for Me I'm using the ECI OR Modem and i for sure had G.INP enabled on the downstream confirmed by Plusnet this caused a increase in latency from 13-15ms to 22-25ms and my Download speed dropped from 46Mb to 42Mb I had no issue getting a PPP session, Two days later everything went back to normal I believe G.INP has been removed i did ask clarification from Plusnet but they haven't responded and seem reluctant to do so.

I have no means to check whether i'm on 204 or 206 nor what firmware the ECI is using so it's hard to see and know what is is going on.

the issue at least for me wasn't PPP related but looked very much like the issue that G.INP MK1 had, so I hope they are looking into that aspect as well and not just a PPP issue .
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:57:48 PM by Terranova667 »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2016, 04:24:56 AM »

Earlier I logged a fault for my line, it took a lot of effort and firmness to get sky support to accept it.

But the fault is logged as broken g.inp.  I am just one guy , and it probably wont do anything, but I call on all us non g.inp's to register faults with our isp's to make the numbers grow as much as possible.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2016, 03:10:20 PM »

I'm not too sure if it is a good idea logging a fault.  What good is it going to achieve?
If they have pulled G.INP on some cabinets, then they already are aware there is a problem and not sure now it can make it get resolved any quicker if they are already trying to resolve it.

Is it causing a detrimental effect to your line, whilst they try find out what the problem is.   They had to halt it because people were experiencing problems with their line and couldn't even get internet access.  They are working on a fix.

Conversely they could think  "We never made any public announcement that we are rolling it out"  nor that it has been suspended.   Think about it - practically all info points back here to this forum. The result is likely to be BT are just more closed lipped in future and certain people wont pass on info.

Ive also just seen what the reaction to the 3dB trial is too..   I was about to give a little bit more info on that but to be honest people are likely to moan about that too and then that is going to point the finger directly at one of my sources. 

Seriously I really bust a gut to find out info and each and every god-damn single time someone moans about it.  :(  It's not worth it and Im not going to put someone job on the line.   All that will happen is info will cease.  Ive already had one source dry up because people reacted negatively to some info I put out.    Its not about being protective to BT, its about Im sick and tired of trying to find out more info for the community and then me getting the backlash.  I do my god-damn best to get info out there to you guys and believe me its not an easy task sometimes.

If it was negatively impacting your line then I'd be behind you all the way... but its not.  Its far more important that they find a fix first for those lines which are having problems.     

It should not take a genius to work out that I'm becoming sick of it and wonder why I bother.  :(
-----
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8