Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Bursts of upstream FECs same time every day  (Read 18312 times)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Bursts of upstream FECs same time every day
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2016, 11:53:42 PM »

As I said these errors are upstream which is something which has ONLY started to appear since my G.INP was enabled.

Funny enough I noticed that Im getting downstream FEC spikes since g.inp.   For some reason they arent showing up too well on MDWS, but they do in DSLstats.
Before 23rd March I cant recall getting spikes and definitely not in the 10's of thousands mark. 

Do your stats have DSLAM/MSAN type: IFTN:0xb204 or IFTN:0xb206 ? There is a mention of "Increased Upstream FEC Count" in the list of fixes in a ECI NGA release notes document.

Good spot - Im also on 204 and not had the 206 update yet.  - but since mine are downstream then obviously not related to this particular bug.   

[Attached DSLstats graph - for some reason I cant get the clipping level to work at 40k and it defaults back to 10k - but these are at about 38k]
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2016, 12:09:46 AM »

Actually I was about to delete the above post - thinking downstream - not related, but in view of wombats post

Is that fault one which induces real FEC faults/corrections? Or is it a fault that causes a bad count to be reported?

I thought it may be beneficial to leave it in place because Im supposedly not interleaved.    However -  on bearer1 (g.inp) I am -  at a depth of 3.   

Suggesting my FEC count is coming from the DTU.   How it fits in with upstream I dont know though.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2016, 07:54:33 AM »

Interestingly since I installed V13 f/w on my 8924 my FEC bursts seem to last about an hour from 21:00 and the rest of the time I see very low error counts.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 10:31:18 PM »

You may find you will see more US errored seconds than normal when G.INP'd with this Mk2, we have seen this to be true on Huawei cabinets over the last year.

G.INP was designed to have both DS and US in retransmit mode at the same time so you can look at it this way G.INP Mk2 is only working at 50% and that is on the Downstream there is another 50% not being used and that's on the Upstream

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 10:48:16 PM »

Strange another set of FEC bursts between 21:00 and 22:00 tonight upstream.

Stuart

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2016, 07:31:40 PM »

I've just noticed that on our works connection we have bursts of upstream FEC's, we've had 2752570 since G.Inp was applied 3 days and 9 hours and 54 minutes ago. Looking back over the last year there has only been the single odd upstream FEC. This is with a HG612.

My home line has just had G.Inp switched on, so we'll see what happens here.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2016, 09:53:47 PM »

I had a couple of bursts today during the day but sure as eggs is eggs it started again tonight around 21:00!

Stuart

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2016, 10:31:57 PM »

I too have seen lots of es on my upstream since g.inp, was in amber zone today for us and still hovering between amber and green...it has recovered a little bit this evening it would appear.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2016, 12:09:15 PM »

Been watching carefully over the past few days and it is really strange that my FEC bursts start pretty much at 21:00 each night for almost exactly one hour, yes I do get the odd burst during the day but it is really strange that you can almost set your watch by these bursts. Nothing much happens here at home at this time to cause noise although I do run some software which uploads small amounts of data about 3-4 times per minute but that runs 24x7. Usually at the time these errors are happening we have settled down for the evening reading or watching TV (traditional TV not Internet TV). At this time of year there is no central heating on normally now and nothing else in use which might cause noise which is not on normally at other times anyway.

Now if there is a bug in the DSLAM f/w I would normally have expected it to happen at random times. So this I think is very strange, however I doubt I will be able to get anyone to take any notice of it unless it becomes and issue in future (which I think is unlikely). I don't like unexplained things like this even if they don't cause a problem (yet)!

Stuart

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2016, 01:11:42 PM »

Been watching carefully over the past few days and it is really strange that my FEC bursts start pretty much at 21:00 each night for almost exactly one hour, yes I do get the odd burst during the day but it is really strange that you can almost set your watch by these bursts.
ER - have our lines got mixed up  :o  Almost identical from 21:00 since G.INP. Never had them before on upstream.

Also my sync has gone UP by 3Mb or so but actual D/L is about 10Mb lower than it should be (Sync is ~39, BT Speedtester and Speedtest report 29  :-X  I can't get at my BT IP Profile as it seems to be bust for past 3 days but I suspect it's stuck. Plusnet says 33.4.

So down for an hour tomorrow morning along with MDWS of course to see if it can catch up.

Anyone else join this exclusive club?
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2016, 02:46:10 PM »

I see that I have bursts of upstream FECs at the same times, and I'm on a Huawei cabinet. I hadn't noticed that before. How strange.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2016, 03:16:05 PM »

Eric might be worth changing the title of this thread to relate to the bursts of upstream FECs, that way we might find more folks with it.

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2016, 04:06:01 PM »

Good suggestion Stuart. Done.
  Eric

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2016, 04:35:54 PM »

It would appear I have the same at work, ECI cab with HG612, started as soon as we got G.INP. None on my home connection though.

Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2016, 07:13:21 PM »

My downstream spikes continue, but now at a lesser level. 
They are also at exactly the same time each day.
-----
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6