Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Identified my interferer but what is it?  (Read 6928 times)

maybecrazy

Re: Identified my interferer but what is it?
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2016, 10:59:34 AM »

So as suggested I unplugged the modem for 8+ hours, nothing much seems to of changed, the G-Retransmit UnCorrected errors are still there.

Attainables have both increased and I have for the moment one less amber traffic light.

I think I must out of curiosity resync the next time the the SNRM drops :)

EDIT: the remaining amber traffic light has just turned green !

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 02:44:30 PM by maybecrazy »

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2016, 02:25:53 PM »

Wow.

I can't get onto MDWS to investigate graphs beyond what I can see on here, but those look "interesting".

I can believe the SNRM drop from the disturber. But the UnCorr figures are the strange ones. That they occur at a regular interval is strange, but the fact that they get better when SNRM drops is counterintuitive.

Just how regular are the UnCorr peaks?

Does anything noticeable change on the FEC, CRC, or ES graphs when the SNRM drops? Or when the UnCorr peaks happen?

maybecrazy

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2016, 03:04:02 PM »

Yes, very odd.

3 graphs below, ignore the big blank in the middle as that's when the modem was off for the 8 hour period.

Look at March 25. 16.00, that's when the disturber was last online and the SNRM dropped, all errors seem to disappear !

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »

I see you have done a modem re-sync at 16:03 and your sync rate has gone down quite a bit and no errored seconds or uncorrected errors and the DS SNRM is holding on at 6.6dB and it has just gone up to 10.6dB over 30 minutes ???

Chrysalis must have a better understanding on what your doing with your setup than we do  ;)
I have say this is looking like Crosstalk  :(
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 06:02:01 PM by NewtronStar »

maybecrazy

« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2016, 06:21:02 PM »

Yes, my disturber come online again so I was curious to see what happened and as expected it synced much lower but the errors disappeared !

Seems I can't have it all, it's either higher sync with errors or lower sync with few errors. Imagine trying to explain this one to an OR engineer.

Check my graphs now, disturber has gone offline again, attainable has gone back up, sync has stayed lower, errors have stayed mostly gone but the SNRM has settled at some weird value.

I really don't know what to do for the best.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2016, 06:32:35 PM »

I really don't know what to do for the best.

Don't make any other changes to the circuit. Please let it operate in that state for the next 24 hours. WWWombat will look and think and . . .   :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

maybecrazy

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2016, 06:47:50 PM »

OK will do and thanks to all participating.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2016, 07:09:13 PM »

Seems I can't have it all, it's either higher sync with errors or lower sync with few errors. Imagine trying to explain this one to an OR engineer.

You can still sync at the higher speed if you don't mind seeing 165 errored seconds per-day your are still miles away from the DLM red 2880 on the speed profile.

I would have thought by now the Attainable rate would have lowered due to effects of crosstalk but as your crosstalk is not constant 24/7 then who knows. 

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2016, 07:11:16 PM »

Do you think it's a case of the cross talker turning off the modem at night to save £1 a year......

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2016, 07:27:08 PM »

Do you think it's a case of the cross talker turning off the modem at night to save £1 a year......

Sounds like it, If they had a DLM re-sync it would show up in the SNRm graph as a large spike and his crosstalker looks like they are turning the modem off and leaving off until they need to use it

It sounds silly but some people do this either to save money or to reduce the possible house fire
« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 07:44:20 PM by NewtronStar »

maybecrazy

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2016, 07:46:48 PM »

Yes exactly this, more than that I believe they only turn it on when they go online !

Around 10pm when they go to bed I can hear them pull the TV plug from the socket so I think they're old school thinking, just in case it blows up  ::)

maybecrazy

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2016, 08:09:18 PM »

You can still sync at the higher speed if you don't mind seeing 165 errored seconds per-day your are still miles away from the DLM red 2880 on the speed profile.

If I do sync higher will the G-Retransmit UnCorrected errors cause me any problems ?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 08:59:43 PM »

If I do sync higher will the G-Retransmit UnCorrected errors cause me any problems ?

apart from the increased error seconds and some minuscule extra latency added during the G-Retransmit error period I can't see the DLM taking action.

Just leave your line as it is because there could be some valuable info in here the experts can use since this new ECI G.INP rollout.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2016, 12:35:35 AM »

I am looking at the SNRM graph, attached below, having zoomed in around the time of the forced re-synchronisation event. It has me puzzled.  ???

At 1430 hours, the SNRM is 6.7/12.2 dB (DS/US).

At 1528 hours, the cross-talk begins and the SNRM drops to 3.1/11.6 dB (DS/US).

At 1603 hours, the circuit is caused to resynchronise and the SNRM is then 6.4/9.2 dB (DS/US).

At 1748 hours, the cross-talk ends and the SNRM rises to 10.6/10.4 dB (DS/US).

I am troubled by those values. It was the anomalous behaviour of the US that first caught my eye.

Consider the US SNRM. Before the cross-talk began and before the re-synchronisation event it was 12.2 dB. After the re-synchronisation event and after the cross-talk had ceased it was 10.4 dB. A delta of -1.8

Now consider the DS SNRM. Before the cross-talk began and before the re-synchronisation event it was 6.7 dB. After the re-synchronisation event and after the cross-talk had ceased it was 10.6 dB. A delta of +3.9
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2016, 07:23:03 AM »

I agree the errors are high considering g.inp is active, but my advice is based on what I believe the openreach response will be which I think will disappoint you, openreach will probably see this line as well within spec so nothing to fix.

Regarding the fluctuating snrm it could be crosstalk but it also could be a device they have that's emitting interference.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything