Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Monitoring programs ECI Support?  (Read 11371 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Monitoring programs ECI Support?
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2016, 10:45:53 PM »

I suppose so, but the ones that can easily be monitored work best on Huawei, in my experience the ECI modem/Lantiq chipset has a very positive effect on sync rates

I see ECI cabinet users doing better with a broadcom modem than a lantiq modem and them I here and ECI cabinet users sees better line stats with a lantiq modem even on ADSL way back in 2007 before I understood this stuff my purchased modem/router from PC world was better than the ISP modem because it was a broadcom chipset

No Huawie cabinets or ECI cabinets in those days just Broadcom it's just a better chipset for broadband.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:47:57 PM by NewtronStar »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2016, 10:46:47 PM »

Whilst I agree I saw a higher sync when my line did have g.inp on my unlocked eci modem I switched over to an 8324 on bridge mode not long after losing g.inp, at present the 8324 has synced just below the eci with g.inp so if g.inp ever does come back I hope 8324 will sync above the eci.
"Be" has one of my eci modems which he spent some considerable time trying to make things work but I know he encountered a number of problems.

At least I have now learned  how to flash the eci modem so have a few sat on the shelf now unlocked should things ever change with stats or sync improvements in the future  ::)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2016, 12:05:23 AM »

I do understand this trying to match users chipset to the cabinet vendor even had to decommission my 4 year old HG612 just something about it seemed odd with the SNRm any device close by when switched on would cause the SNRm to drop suddenly by 2 or 3.5dB.  :crazy:

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2016, 01:10:46 PM »

Whilst I agree I saw a higher sync when my line did have g.inp on my unlocked eci modem I switched over to an 8324 on bridge mode not long after losing g.inp, at present the 8324 has synced just below the eci with g.inp so if g.inp ever does come back I hope 8324 will sync above the eci.
"Be" has one of my eci modems which he spent some considerable time trying to make things work but I know he encountered a number of problems.

At least I have now learned  how to flash the eci modem so have a few sat on the shelf now unlocked should things ever change with stats or sync improvements in the future  ::)

I have a 8324 and it synced at 63 vs 66 on the ECI.

Hopefully it beats the HG612 on my non G.INP enabled line, I'm just waiting for my crosstalker to go offline again so I can keep my current sync.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything