Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Flight Radar 3D  (Read 10023 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Flight Radar 3D
« on: March 23, 2016, 08:10:07 PM »

Don't know if others use this site https://www.flightradar24.com/ the 3D mode has been turned off for over 5 months, they are now using a beta 3D mode when using Google Chrome this comes up when I click on 3D mode ->

to verify that your web browser and hardware support WebGL.  Consider trying a different web browser or updating your video drivers.  Detailed error information is below:
RuntimeError: The browser supports WebGL, but initialization failed.

though while Using Windows IE 11.0 the 3D mode works with Flightradar24.com with no errors is Google Chrome becoming a less useful browser.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Flight Radar 3D
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 09:07:37 PM »

I use it from time-to-time NS ......... nowhere near as much as when I first purchased the App though.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 09:45:14 PM »

I use it from time-to-time NS ......... nowhere near as much as when I first purchased the App though.

I see but does the new 3D work for you and what Web browser are you using ?

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2016, 07:09:11 AM »

I haven't used in for a few weeks, bud. I wasn't even aware of the 3D thingy until I read your post. I'm on an Apple i-Mac and using Safari and will hopefully get to have a look-see this weekend. Time is very precious at the minute, lots to do.  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2016, 09:09:59 AM »

I dont see a 3D mode available in either FF or chrome.

But then again Im only offered default view and any of the other views offered (full screen, list viewe, airport view, fleetview) are locked unless you pay.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2016, 09:44:27 AM »

Wow! That’s quite impressive. I’m running Mac OS X and 3D mode works on all of the browsers installed on my machine, namely Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I note it is in beta which probably accounts for the inaccuracy. Following a flight into Edinburgh, the aircraft missed the runway by some distance and successfully landed in the  airport car park!  :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2016, 10:21:30 AM »

3D works fine here using the PaleMoon browser (a spin-off from Firefox 25.x) in Linux.

@Kitz: to get the 3D view, click on one of the planes. A sidebar describing that flight appears on the left, and there's a 3D button near the top of the sidebar.
  Eric

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2016, 10:47:29 AM »

Wow! That’s quite impressive. I’m running Mac OS X and 3D mode works on all of the browsers installed on my machine, namely Safari, Firefox and Chrome. I note it is in beta which probably accounts for the inaccuracy. Following a flight into Edinburgh, the aircraft missed the runway by some distance and successfully landed in the  airport car park!  :)

pmsl  :lol:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2016, 11:36:56 AM »

@Kitz: to get the 3D view, click on one of the planes. A sidebar describing that flight appears on the left, and there's a 3D button near the top of the sidebar.

Thank you eric.   

Im impressed - seems to work fine here. :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2016, 05:10:38 PM »

I have to say, Flightradar24 have done a brilliant job, they just need to implement the airline liveries now.

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 06:37:36 PM »

Works well for me if I use Chrome. IE just seems to give a "starry" or plain-coloured (no map detail) background.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 06:52:44 PM »

Works well for me if I use Chrome. IE just seems to give a "starry" or plain-coloured (no map detail) background.

What Chrome version are you using HPsauce ?
I am using Version 49.0.2623.108 m

HPsauce

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 07:01:01 PM »

....87m but it's just updating....
Now 108m and still working.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 07:17:35 PM »

Hmmm just tried the link http://get.webgl.org and it is working showing a spinning cube using Vista with Chrome, I'm starting to think this is an OS or Java issue as FlightRadar works on the old Vista but not in the 3D mode and yet 3D mode works on Windows 8.1
Pages: [1] 2