Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DraytekVigor 2860 port forwarding problem  (Read 4441 times)

zaphron65

DraytekVigor 2860 port forwarding problem
« on: March 20, 2016, 10:50:28 AM »

Hello there.

I am having issues trying to set up my DVR for remote viewing. In the DVR menu i have set it to listen on port 8080 as HTTP port and 7885 as client port. I have signed up for a DDNS service via noip.com and have entered everything in the DVR supposedly correct.

The problem is, whenever i test the ddns in the DVR settings, it is coming back as failed, i have set up port forwarding on the router via NAT > Port redirection and have set it to enable the public port and private port set to 8080 and 7885 and the private ip pointing to the ip address of the DVR, i have also gone to the menu NAT > Open ports to open the ports up. The problem is when i go to portcheckers.com to check if they are open, it is coming back as 'not available' and the DVR is still coming back as DDNS test failed. I can access the DVR via a web browser locally by entering in the ip address 192.168.1.*:8080 but it just seems like it is blocking access for remote viewing.

If anyone could shed any light on this it would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: DraytekVigor 2860 port forwarding problem
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 11:19:07 AM »

Firewalling?

zaphron65

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2016, 11:21:31 AM »

I tried it with my windows firewall disabled and also my antivirus firewall disabled which made no difference. Sorry should have mentioned that.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 11:30:37 AM »

Hi

You set ddns in the draytek and not dvr

Ddns is another way of giving you access to your IP address, but personally, a static IP works better in my opinion

Many thanks

John

zaphron65

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 11:41:25 AM »

I think the DDNS settings on the router is to just update the public IP address to the DDNS service, which i don't need as i am using noip.com and they have a program which automatically updates the dynamic IP address to the DDNS service whenever it changes. The DDNS service is then supposed to be set up in the DVR so it can connect to the DDNS service so i can remote in to the DVR using the ports, the only problem is, my ports don't seem to be opening up and redirecting to the DVR.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2016, 12:01:33 PM »

Hi

The problem I see is that your using a natted dvr to update the ddns. It may work though as we would never use ddns

You need to clarify where the failure is happening, so

Find your current external IP address (open a web browser, goto Google and search whatsmyipaddress if you don't know how to  locate your current external IP address)

Then run your port open check using this IP address or try and reference it in a browser or how ever you access your dvr

If port open shows fine, your issue is your ddns

Also, without knowing your broadband provider, one or more of those ports maybe blocked at ISP level - I don't think so but I have seen instances of this happening

Many thanks

John

zaphron65

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2016, 12:07:01 PM »

Thanks. I have tried a few different ports and all of them have the same problem. I am using portcheckers.com to test if the ports are open along with my public IP address, and they are coming back as 'not available' so the issue is with the ports not opening i am guessing. I have followed a tutorial on how to forward ports for my router which everything is fine i just don't understand why the ports are not opening up, i have disabled firewalls on the router and pc software but still get the same result.

d2d4j

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2016, 12:17:04 PM »

Hi

Many thanks

It does sound as though you have not open the ports then

You need to check LAN, port, and ensure there open then double check your port forward rules.

I'm doing this from memory though, so LAN port maybe the wrong location but in essence, you first open the port then you are able to forward the ports

Many thanks

John