Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLstats feature request  (Read 4584 times)

holmbase

DSLstats feature request
« on: March 10, 2016, 01:16:45 PM »

Hi

i use DSLstats on a Pi monitoring my 8800NL. I can't see this feature request but I may have missed it.

With respect to traffic monitoring, would it be possible to allow the user to configure the start of the month for the traffic monitoring tab? My billing period starts on the 12th so ideally I would like the chart to run from the 12th to the 11th of the following month to monitor traffic against my monthly usage limit.

I have a different application which does allow that but it doesn't run on the Pi and it's so handy having it all in one place.

Unless you can already do it and I've just missed the place to make the change.

Thanks

John

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats feature request
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 01:53:44 PM »

The way the monthly chart is organised, that would require quite a lot of rewriting. I'll put it on the list, but limited time means that it won't be very soon. Sorry.
  Eric

holmbase

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2016, 03:37:42 PM »

No worries.

Just thought it'd be worth asking.

Thanks

John

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2016, 07:15:26 AM »

@holmbase: I've worked out a way to bolt on a status report for the current billing month without a large scale rewrite of the traffic monitoring section - see below. I know this isn't exactly what you asked for, but it may do enough. The billing data can be toggled on and off if it obscures parts of the graph.
  Eric

holmbase

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2016, 12:54:09 PM »

Eric

For me that would work fine. It just saves me having to add up so many days of this month plus so many of last month. I do get a figure from my ISP but in the past I have noted some anomalies with their figures. The example presumably shows usage since the last 10th of the month: today it would show from 10th March to 5th April? If so, that's what I was after. I guess the billing month start date will be added to the traffic config tab?

If you have a version I can test I'm happy to do so - currently using Pi 5.7.1.

Oh, by the way, not wishing to mix up feedback but I've noticed that whenever I restart DSLStats, the monthly limit radio button switches from 'upload plus download' to 'download only'. I don't know if this makes any difference ie. does the config file remember I selected 'upload plus download' previously or has it actually changed to 'download only'?

Thanks again

John

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try to upload a test version later today.

You're right about the 'upload plus download' option. The option is saved and restored when you restart DSLstats, but the radio button always shows 'download only' until you change it manually. I'll fix that before I upload the test version.
  Eric

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2016, 07:00:14 PM »

You can download a test version (v5.7.5) for the Raspberry Pi here: http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/files/dslstats32RPi-5.7.5.zip . This version includes a few other small changes which are shown in the included Changelog.
  Eric

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 01:10:22 PM »

Looks to be a useful addition, all working fine here.

kevinduke

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2016, 01:58:34 PM »

I get some strange results on mine but I assume that is because mine does not start until the 23rd

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2016, 02:57:31 PM »

I get some strange results on mine
So do I anything after 6th (todays date) :(

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2016, 03:33:20 PM »

For me that would work fine. It just saves me having to add up so many days of this month plus so many of last month. I do get a figure from my ISP but in the past I have noted some anomalies with their figures. The example presumably shows usage since the last 10th of the month: today it would show from 10th March to 5th April? If so, that's what I was after. I guess the billing month start date will be added to the traffic config tab?

Sorry, I didn't respond to this part. It's supposed to work as you presume. Unfortunately it looks as though, when you first start using it, the data for the previous month contains random values instead of zeroes. This will sort itself out when the next calendar month starts, but it's a bug, and I'll fix it ASAP.
  Eric

holmbase

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2016, 07:07:49 PM »

Downloaded 5.7.5 and up and running. My billing month starts on the 12th so I'll get a better picture when we roll over onto April 12th. I too have odd results but no doubt that will reset when I start the next billing month.

I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks

John

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2016, 04:09:15 PM »

Eric

kevinduke