Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel VMG8924-B10A links to web pages strange behavior  (Read 1838 times)

central scrutiniser

Zyxel VMG8924-B10A links to web pages strange behavior
« on: March 14, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »

On both our linux computers, the modem occasionally freezes, and the router interface log in box appears instead of the webpage selected, has anyone come across this before and know of a solution ?, it's similar to what happens when setting up for the first time,  or  when the browser page opens up for the first time after a reset. If I enter the admin and password it jumps straight to the browsers home page !!

As far as I know I have disabled the auto set up feature, that did not auto set up anyway.!!!

I have disabled some software features that are not needed ie plug and play TR069 and the wireless section is disabled firewall set to middle setting.I have two DNS servers set to static as opposed to those by ISP.who is Origin broadband ( supplied here via their  out of region partners Plusnet)

Other than these occasional blips it's been rock solid and never missed a beat, nor dropped a connection.

One PC Linux Mint 17.1  Rebecca, the other  Elementary  Freda OS.

Current firmware version  1.00(AAKL.13)C0 upgraded from version 7 that it came installed with.

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Zyxel VMG8924-B10A links to web pages strange behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 10:05:58 AM »

I have not seen this on mine, however I am running the 11 release not 13.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

npr

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 10:31:43 AM »

Have you tried a dns lookup for the affected domains, does it give the result of your own WAN IP.
I get, what I think is the same issue, if I go to my wan IP and forget to specify my servers port number. -- It's just the loopback working, I've checked and access it not allowed from the internet.

I've also had this happen a few times with "google.co.uk", haven't properly investigated this but found clearing my dns cache corrected things. Only started happening since installing FW (AAKL.13)C0.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:42:10 AM by npr »

central scrutiniser

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 01:03:13 PM »

I have flushed the DNS cache and it has not repeated itself since, thank you NPR.

I have a feeling there is also problem with one of my other browser plugins chrome based too, as a  "your connection is not secure "  within a  coloured Google box sometimes appears., but only on one  of the pc's.

Should this problem show itself again, I will see if I can find a remedy, and post it here.

Thanks all.

anything