Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 227873 times)

atkinsong

• Reg Member
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #225 on: March 23, 2016, 08:58:26 PM »

Hi not to clued up on vdsl2 Broadband so please excuse my ignorance, I have been following with interest G.INP on ECI Cabinets forum.
I checked the stats this morning and again this evening and noticed that the sync rates had changed but the modem doesn’t appear to have re synced would this be G.INP on my line, if I rebooted the modem would it improve my download speed, I use Vigor 130 modem to a Netgear router on ECI Cabinet, approx 350 mts from cabinet.
Thanks John

Hi wj66. ReTxEnable being set to 1 at the "far end" confirms that G.INP has been switched on on your line. It has resulted in an increase in sync of around 3Mb which is in line with other reports involving Lantiq based modems/routers. I doubt that a reboot would give you any further increase.
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

wj66

« Reply #226 on: March 23, 2016, 09:03:28 PM »

Thanks atkinsong
Plusnet Broadband 40/10, Zyxel VMG8924-B10A, Synology RT2600ac, Synology Mesh, ECI Cabinet.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #227 on: March 23, 2016, 09:06:53 PM »

which equals to 96.7877

Thank you!  Its brilliant that we have someone with a hacked ECI who is able to get this additional information.

1) So the ECI modems and therefore most likely the HH5A do NOT follow the 96.69% guideline that weve been using for the Huawei based modems.
The odd thing is that the formula appears to work fine on atkinsongs line - but iirc his modem fully supports g.inp (up & down) and wasnt one of the listed modems that had problems last year.

I'd done a BTw performance test last week, knowing that there was a possibility that I could get g.inp sometime soon and I definitely had 96.79%.
Since I got g.inp it is now at 96.688%, so it is not cabinet related.

I've double-checked if R and N values are reported correctly by the script and it appears they are.

root@eci:~# dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 0 1
nReturn=0 nChannel=0 nDirection=1 nNFEC=32 nRFEC=16 nLSYMB=16 nINTLVDEPTH=1 nINTLVBLOCK=32 nLPATH=0

root@eci:~# dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 0 0
nReturn=0 nChannel=0 nDirection=0 nNFEC=255 nRFEC=16 nLSYMB=4872 nINTLVDEPTH=1 nINTLVBLOCK=255 nLPATH=0

Thank you so much...  so the modem is reporting properly but the R & N values don't quite make sense.
The modem is obviously using retransmission  BUT unlike with the other modems it is not set to perform interleaving on the Bearer 1 channel.
My line like wombats is good and therefore should have one of the lowest low profiles (46/3), but I definitely have interleaved 3 for retransmission - as does wombat on the Huawei cab.

I know for certain that I have seen INP 44 before and I think it was on the TP-Link TD-W9980 when they were testing with TP-link to get g.inp working.  I cant recall for sure though, but I seem to remember wondering if INP 44 is some default setting if the modem isnt fully g.inp compatible.

I'm at a loss to explain the R & N values, but what ever it would appear that there are different framing params for the VRX268 chipset.  These framing params (and to a tiny extent the lack of interleaving on Bearer 1) are obviously affecting the overheads..  and this is giving better sync speeds.
Noted that atkinsongs VRX288 modem also has the different framing params, but Im not sure whether those are bearer 0 or bearer 1 either.

Im going to wait for wombat to see and comment on this, because right now I'm stumped as to why this should happen. 
I have one possible thought - but then think again and go nah, because its just speculation.

---

ETA - just noticed wj66's  stats are are also R & N = 32/16
So it would appear the framing params are making the difference and why the Lantiqs are now getting the better speed.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #228 on: March 23, 2016, 09:15:02 PM »

Would the ratio be 96.79% with a ECI modem that had G.INP enabled on a Huawei cabinet?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2016, 09:21:09 PM »

Would the ratio be 96.79% with a ECI modem that had G.INP enabled on a Huawei cabinet?

Its something we haven't been able to prove before - because we hadnt had anyone on a Huawei cab using a hacked ECI modem and able to get the figures we needed to see.

However - yes I suspect they will.   Ive seen people with HH5A's reporting the 96.79% method and I've always suspected that the calculation didnt work for the VRX268 chipsets  (ie those that supposedly can only do downstream g.inp).  As I said in this post it went against what Openreach was telling me...  and its why Ive been asking certain people to check for me.

Now that rp00 has shown that it doesnt work on his VRX268 chipset - we have proof at long last, that on the VRX268's the formula doesnt work.
I think it does work with the TD-W9980, but only since TP-LINK changed the firmware to make it fully support g.inp... so therefore based on the fact that it does work with other VRX modems that are fully g.inp (not just downstream)..  it leaves the ECI modems and the HH5A's that the formula doesnt work for.     
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2016, 10:11:43 PM »

So it looks like matching up a ECI modem and ECI cabinet just got more appealing, apart from the lack of an easy way to get any stats  :'(

For me at the moment it's
HG612: 61-62mbpd sync, 10ms ping, 58mbps on speedtest.
ECI/HH5a: 65mbps sync, 10ms ping, 61mbps on speedtest.

So I'm sticking with the HH5a at the moment.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2016, 10:18:21 PM »

So it looks like matching up a ECI modem and ECI cabinet just got more appealing, apart from the lack of an easy way to get any stats

Yep.     
I gave my TD-W9980 to my daughter as she wanted an all in one unit, so I dont have it atm to test with.
-----

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2016, 10:52:04 PM »

The weird thing is that yours didnt even work with the 96.79% figure.   The 96.79% should work for everyone on NGA (except those who are g.inped).

Did you try a resync leaving it disconnected for at least a min so that the bRAS RAP porfiler has chance to pick up your new sync speed.   

Not just a minute both HG612 and Router was turned off for 19 hours I like to call it the MSAN relaxation time but it's still showing 91% this was first noticed when the G.INP Interleaving depth got stuck at 4 is was very happy at 8.

this seems to have occured when a DLM intervention by myself on the upstream (G.INP on upstream) started after switching from Mk3 SSFP to Mk1 SSFP the modem would not sync with Mk1 installed and noticed damaged on the A&B extension terminals of SSFP then switched back to Mk3 all working again but DLM damage has been done  :(

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #233 on: March 24, 2016, 01:03:01 AM »

. . . I use Vigor 130 modem to a Netgear router on ECI Cabinet, approx 350 mts from cabinet.

Welcome to the Kitz forum, wj66:)

You may be able to help enhance the communal knowledge base . . .

Please go to the BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test page, ignore all the instructions in red (just confirm that you have complied) and run the first test. Then once it has finished, select Further Diagnostics and perform the next test. Once that has finished, please post the values of the "Download speed achieved during the test" and the "IP Profile for your line", as shown in the first rectangular box.

It will be interesting to see the ratio of the former to the latter for your Vigor 130 modem & ECI cabinet combination.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #234 on: March 24, 2016, 01:29:28 AM »

@rp00, @kitz, @ejs

I have a question about the quoted dsl_pipe.sh commands that show R/N as being 16/32 down and 16/255 up...

Because retransmission has been activated, shouldn't we have two bearer channels to report downstream now, each with their own properties?

Is the 2nd parameter (zero in both commands) for the channel?

What results do you get if that zero is changed?

I'd certainly like to see the results that @ejs was asking for.

rp00

« Reply #235 on: March 24, 2016, 01:57:05 AM »

@rp00, @kitz, @ejs

Is the 2nd parameter (zero in both commands) for the channel?

What results do you get if that zero is changed?

I've already tried that:)

Anything other than 0 returns "nReturn=-22"
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh fpsg 0 0
nReturn=0 nChannel=0 nDirection=0 nTp=33 nMp=1 nSEQ=20 nBP=238 nMSGC=14 nMSGLP=0

root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh fpsg 0 1
nReturn=0 nChannel=0 nDirection=1 nTp=2 nMp=2 nSEQ=64 nBP=0 nMSGC=58 nMSGLP=0

root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh fpsg 1 0
nReturn=-22
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh fpsg 1 1
nReturn=-22
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 0 0
nReturn=0 nChannel=0 nDirection=0 nNFEC=255 nRFEC=16 nLSYMB=4873 nINTLVDEPTH=1 nINTLVBLOCK=255 nLPATH=0

root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 0 1
nReturn=0 nChannel=0 nDirection=1 nNFEC=32 nRFEC=16 nLSYMB=16 nINTLVDEPTH=1 nINTLVBLOCK=32 nLPATH=0

root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 1 0
nReturn=-22
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 1 1
nReturn=-22
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 0
nReturn=-1 (wrong number of parameters/help not available)
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh g997fpsg 0 0 0
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh fpsg 0
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh fpsg 0 0 0
root@eci:~#

@rp00, @kitz, @ejs

I'd certainly like to see the results that @ejs was asking for.

The only command that worked was osg:
root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh osg 0
nReturn=0 nDirection=0 nBitswapRequested=0 nExtBitswapRequested=0 nBitswapExecuted=0 nBitswapRejected=0 nBitswapTimeout=0 nSraRequested=0 nSraExecuted=0 nSraRejected=0 nSraTimeout=0 nSosRequested=0 nSosExecuted=0 nSosRejected=0 nSosTimeout=0

root@eci:~#  dsl_cpe_pipe.sh osg 1
nReturn=0 nDirection=0 nBitswapRequested=8726 nExtBitswapRequested=0 nBitswapExecuted=6564 nBitswapRejected=2162 nBitswapTimeout=0 nSraRequested=0 nSraExecuted=0 nSraRejected=0 nSraTimeout=0 nSosRequested=0 nSosExecuted=0 nSosRejected=0 nSosTimeout=0

root@eci:~#

Unfortunately rtsg and pmrtctg return "command not found"

I've attached output of "dsl_cmd_pipe.sh help" with list of available commands if it's any help.

EDIT: " g997fpsg 2 1" etc.. returns the same error
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 01:59:15 AM by rp00 »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #236 on: March 24, 2016, 05:21:24 AM »

Is your version of dsl_cpe_control up-to-date? You might need to build it by passing --enable-model=full to the configure script, or enable everything individually (--enable-dsl-pm-retx-counters and lots of other switches).

atkinsong

• Reg Member
« Reply #237 on: March 24, 2016, 09:07:11 AM »

So it looks like matching up a ECI modem and ECI cabinet just got more appealing, apart from the lack of an easy way to get any stats

Yep.     
I gave my TD-W9980 to my daughter as she wanted an all in one unit, so I dont have it atm to test with.

For we Plusnet users on ECI cabs the Hub 1 looks slightly more appealing!
ISP:A&A, FTTP 160/30, Router Fritzbox 7530

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #238 on: March 24, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »

The Gods must have heard you - congratulations!  You are now a member of the club, I'm not yet though.

Gosh that is late in the day!  I cant recall any Huaweis being done at this time.  If they are doing them this late in the day, then that could speed things up quite a bit

Jeffers has also been enabled, so attached update.

So if I have read this correctly all cabinets will pretty much get g.inp but it's up to DLM if it's activated on your line?

Its a 2 stage process.   First of all the cabs are enabled.  Then the DLM is updated.   

TBH I suspect the ECIs were done a while ago and its only more recently that they decided to apply the DLM profiles.
Im still on IFTN:0xb204 / v0xb204 so it shows that the 206 update wasnt anything to do with g.inp.

Hi Kitz

Would it be possible to add a column for modem or modem/router type. Be handy to know whats being used.

Many thanks

wj66

« Reply #239 on: March 24, 2016, 10:12:31 AM »

. . . I use Vigor 130 modem to a Netgear router on ECI Cabinet, approx 350 mts from cabinet.

Welcome to the Kitz forum, wj66:)

You may be able to help enhance the communal knowledge base . . .

Please go to the BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test page, ignore all the instructions in red (just confirm that you have complied) and run the first test. Then once it has finished, select Further Diagnostics and perform the next test. Once that has finished, please post the values of the "Download speed achieved during the test" and the "IP Profile for your line", as shown in the first rectangular box.

It will be interesting to see the ratio of the former to the latter for your Vigor 130 modem & ECI cabinet combination.

Speed achieved  50.01 Mbps
IP Profile  50.1 Mbps

Plusnet Broadband 40/10, Zyxel VMG8924-B10A, Synology RT2600ac, Synology Mesh, ECI Cabinet.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 60

anything