Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 227944 times)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #75 on: March 14, 2016, 12:56:30 AM »

You could indeed. It works extremely well.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2016, 06:26:20 AM »

The good news for you is that Openreach's spec for FTTC modem testing now insists on new  models undergoing testing having the ability for both G.INP and Vectoring to operate together; and that modems can sync at 1800m and 2400m.

The vectoring test at 1800m and 2400m was removed from BT SIN 498 v7.1. I thought that vectoring provides less improvement for very long VDSL2 lines anyway, and the test was just so that they still establish a connection.

Quote from: BT SIN 498 v7.0A
The CPE under test should also be connected to a 1800m and 2400m length of
cable to check that it still synchronises with vectoring enabled. Although no
significant performance gains are expected at these lengths , it is important to
verify that the CPE continues to function on a long line with vectoring
enabled.

That paragraph was removed from SIN 498 7.1.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #77 on: March 14, 2016, 10:22:54 AM »

The vectoring test at 1800m and 2400m was removed from BT SIN 498 v7.1. I thought that vectoring provides less improvement for very long VDSL2 lines anyway, and the test was just so that they still establish a connection

Thanks - you are right about the limitations of vectoring - and I had intended to include that when I referred to other technologies being used instead but forgot. :blush:

Also, thanks for mentioning v7.1 - I hadn't noticed they had issued the .1

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #78 on: March 14, 2016, 02:26:24 PM »

If FTTPoD is around the cost it was when it first released when they offer the newer solution then it's a cheaper and more robust solution in the long run.

Plus I'd more than likely reduce both the lines speeds to something like 55 with crosstalk knowing my luck  :o

I'm not making any changes till the new prices are released for FTTPoD.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #79 on: March 14, 2016, 06:50:32 PM »

After looking more into load balancing and combining them via a VPN type service, I've ordered a second line from Plusnet as my BT contract is over well before I see FTTPoD becoming available again.

Hoping the lines even with the crosstalk will give total 110mbps down and 32mbps upload.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 06:53:02 PM by S.Stephenson »

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #80 on: March 14, 2016, 06:53:01 PM »

Be sure to keep us up date on how it performs, perhaps in a new thread though.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #81 on: March 14, 2016, 06:58:49 PM »

Be sure to keep us up date on how it performs, perhaps in a new thread though.

I will do, the install date is on the 1st of April, hopefully there is enough pairs left at the DP.

Also I assure everyone in advance any posts made by me about the above subject on April the first will be legitimate.

Basically i'll combine the connections via a VPN on an service on my primary device, the BT connection will be mainly for the BT Youview box which involves a lot of either streaming or IPTV.

The plusnet connection will be my precious nobody else will get to touch it  ;D ;D

Anyway to tell if my dropwire has more than one pair in it?

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: March 14, 2016, 08:02:16 PM »

Take the master socket off and see if there's a couple of spare wires in the cable which goes to the A&B terminals
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #83 on: March 14, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »

It's now 8 days since your ECI cabinet got G.INP and no other user is seeing the same have been looking though the BT forums and other forums like TT and PlusNet and even Thinkbroadband I am starting to think this is a one off anomaly.

Have you any close friendly neighbours with FTTC and ask them would they mind you setting up the HG612 to monitor their line stats in relation to scientific broadband testing.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2016, 08:15:33 PM »

It's now 8 days since your ECI cabinet got G.INP and no other user is seeing the same have been looking though the BT forums and other forums like TT and PlusNet and even Thinkbroadband I am starting to think this is a one off anomaly.

Have you any close friendly neighbours with FTTC and ask them would they mind you setting up the HG612 to monitor their line stats in relation to scientific broadband testing.

All my neighbors are hell spawn, except the nice ones to the right who have access to my guest network (limited to 10mbits)so have no broadband.

Surely though everyone on my cabinet has to have access to G.INP, and the HG612 has been swapped out a few times and reconnected, so G.INP is definitely activated and staying that way.

My theory is that they're either testing for longer than usual due to the trouble they had last time or they have something special planned for my Cabinet.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:18:26 PM by S.Stephenson »

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2016, 08:24:50 PM »

Take the master socket off and see if there's a couple of spare wires in the cable which goes to the A&B terminals

Is attached to plasterboard I don't feel confident on it being able to reattach to the wall.

Drop wire is less than 6 months old, so does that rule out 1 pair wire?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2016, 08:45:07 PM »

My theory is that they're either testing for longer than usual due to the trouble they had last time or they have something special planned for my Cabinet.

Yes if your FTTC cabinet is live with G.INP then others that use the same cab will also have it, I can't see the same trouble arising because this time it's an ECI cab and G.INP is turned off on the upstream as standard because the ECI modems and ECI cabinets can't do RTX-TX on the upstream side

We know the huawiei US G.INP can be turned on if the DLM sees issues and the hardware supports both US & DS G.INP, wondering what will happen with a ECI users line when the US errored seconds go's skew whiff as you won't have US G.INP to kick in   

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2016, 08:46:53 PM »

"Drop wire is less than 6 months old, so does that rule out 1 pair wire?"

1 pair is very rare (of the black stuff)... 2 pair+ is by far and away more common.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 08:50:01 PM by underzone »

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2016, 08:55:47 PM »

Well according to someone in this thread they are on the same exchange and not that far away from me and they don't have G.INP, I'd have expected them to have rolled out to every cabinet on my exchange by now.

If we see nothing by the end of the Month then id be wondering what the hell they are doing.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2016, 08:59:16 PM »

"Drop wire is less than 6 months old, so does that rule out 1 pair wire?"

1 pair is very rare (of the black stuff)... 2 pair+ is by far and away more common.

Well that simplifys the install of the second line but does it increase the crosstalk vs 2 separate lines?

I should get above 100mbps on the download total so it more than meets my requirements.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 60