Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 226889 times)

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #45 on: March 09, 2016, 07:32:07 PM »

Well that's showing as G.INP being off.

Can the ratios be compared to a typical Huawei one?

Their is no bit rate for bearer 1 for example on ECI, is the implementation not different?

Either way it syncs higher than it used to.

Also ratio with HG612 with G.INP on was 0.967.

FWIW, the ratio for HG612s without G.INP is approximately 96.79% or 0.968

For HG612s with G.INP active, the ratio is approximately 96.69% or 0.967

That could suggest that G.INP is not actually active when using the HH5a.
However, according to stats from the HG612 with G.INP reported as active when connected to the ECI DSLAM active do show the connection is on fastpath (Bearer 0 Interleaving depth = 1), whereas HG612s on Huawei DSLAMs with G.INP active tend to have Bearer 0 interleaving depths of 8 or 16.   

I think we'd have to see more G.INP related stats from other users on ECI DSLAMs before coming to final conclusions.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 07:35:21 PM by Bald_Eagle1 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #46 on: March 09, 2016, 09:30:42 PM »

whereas HG612s on Huawei DSLAMs with G.INP active tend to have Bearer 0 interleaving depths of 8 or 16.   

I think we'd have to see more G.INP related stats from other users on ECI DSLAMs before coming to final conclusions.

Or Interleaving depths from 2 to 16 as my own G.INP is now set at 4 but it started of at a depth of 8

Would have thought by now if there was a full scale roll-out of G.INP on the ECI cabs we would have seen another user go live  :(
« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 09:35:04 PM by NewtronStar »

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #47 on: March 09, 2016, 10:28:56 PM »

Maybe they just activated a few cabinets countrywide  to see if it resulted in any problems, before a full rollout.

Could it have been activated mistakenly?

« Last Edit: March 09, 2016, 10:31:45 PM by S.Stephenson »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: March 09, 2016, 10:56:13 PM »

Could it have been activated mistakenly?

I doubt it.    Activation is a two step process.    First the cabs have to be upgraded and then they have to roll out new DLM profiles to the individual lines. 

Maybe they just activated a few cabinets countrywide  to see if it resulted in any problems, before a full rollout.

More likely, but then again theres already been some ECI cabs activated for almost a year.   This is why I asked if you were in Martlesham or MK.    Perhaps they are slowly extending it.     Didnt the Huawei's start off quite slowly over the first few weeks?

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2016, 07:45:11 AM »

Is this ever going to happen. This was over a week ago and no other reports for ECI. With having 1400 -2000 ES errors a day thought I would of had it but nothing.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2016, 08:53:24 AM »

Well theres only about 28 active ECI users on MDWS,  so compared to Huawei users that's quite small, it took a long time for Huawei to roll out,  so it could be a while before we see more ECI users become active, especially if they are being cautious.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2016, 10:59:48 PM »

I am sure we all remember the Huawei G.INP launch last March 2015 from memory 1 or 2 users got G.INP in the first week then a lull and then the second week it was one or three users per week and then I got it on the last week of March 25th at 06:00 hours.

Though there is a much smaller user base on theses ECI cabs it may take another 2 weeks to see a ECI MDWS user show up with G.INP being active.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2016, 12:06:46 AM »

What was the purpose of the rollout of the new firmware?

I am still on the old one, I'd have thought it would be a case of updating the firmware then activating G.INP?

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #53 on: March 13, 2016, 02:06:13 AM »

What was the purpose of the rollout of the new firmware?

The changes are  believed to be those listed in the EMP3050 ECI Release Notes

I am still on the old one, I'd have thought it would be a case of updating the firmware then activating G.INP?

The changes don't refer to G.INP at all. This page touches on some of the changes observced as a result of the new firmware.

forceware

« Reply #54 on: March 13, 2016, 08:46:27 AM »

Mr belter on another thread " something has gone wonky" sounds like he may have g.inp, but it's hard to tell as he has a hh5

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »

Could it be anything to do with M41 vs M82?

I'm pretty sure my cabinet would have a M82 as it serves over 450 premises, also while looking at the V41 I noticed their is no V82 could that maybe be holding back BT deploying vectoring widely??

With the guy saying his connection went wonky with the HH5 it's more likely the new firmware, as a few people said their speeds dropped slightly when it rolled out.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: March 13, 2016, 11:53:28 AM »

I wasn't aware BT installed any M82s (their application for unmetered electricity supplies only mentioned the two types of Huawei cabinet and the one type of ECI cabinet). BT probably don't install a cabinet anticipating every single line to sign up for FTTC - you might be surprised at the number of people who have FTTC available but haven't signed up for it for whatever reason.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2016, 12:13:34 PM »

I wasn't aware BT installed any M82s (their application for unmetered electricity supplies only mentioned the two types of Huawei cabinet and the one type of ECI cabinet). BT probably don't install a cabinet anticipating every single line to sign up for FTTC - you might be surprised at the number of people who have FTTC available but haven't signed up for it for whatever reason.

I was under the impression of a M41 for a 128 and a M82 for a 256?

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2016, 12:40:33 PM »

No, ECI has 64 ports per line card, M41 takes 4 line cards, M82 takes 8.

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #59 on: March 13, 2016, 12:53:40 PM »

No, ECI has 64 ports per line card, M41 takes 4 line cards, M82 takes 8.

Did the ECI have 64 ports per line card available when BT first rolled them out?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 12:57:12 PM by S.Stephenson »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 60

anything