Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 60

Author Topic: I have G.INP on ECI  (Read 227921 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
Re: I have G.INP on ECI
« Reply #390 on: April 06, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »

Using the ECI modem with another router will not increase speeds, except for maybe WI-FI.

But looking at "skyeci"

he sees:

Eci (66 -68mb)
8800nl (62-65mb, depending on conditions it seems and large snrm variance between the 8800 & eci)
Sr102(60mb)

Do you not think I'll see extra speed passed on from the eci modem to a separate router on my ECI cabinet as opposed to using the Sr102 and hh5?
Pretty sure he was in about the inbuilt modems in those routers, the ECI modem should sync at around the same rate no matter the router.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #391 on: April 06, 2016, 08:38:54 PM »

Using the ECI modem with another router will not increase speeds, except for maybe WI-FI.

But looking at "skyeci"

he sees:

Eci (66 -68mb)
8800nl (62-65mb, depending on conditions it seems and large snrm variance between the 8800 & eci)
Sr102(60mb)

Do you not think I'll see extra speed passed on from the eci modem to a separate router on my ECI cabinet as opposed to using the Sr102 and hh5?

I do see faster sync using the eci unlocked modem (bt ) against my hg612 &8800nl & the sr102 but this was ONLY after g.inp was activated on my eci cab. You will only know if it truly helps by testing as no other way of knowing..

Jsamuel on this forum will load openwrt and mod the locked modem so you can get stats from it and lists on ebay. He did mine (as I didnt want to do it myself)and it does allow the stats and gave me the higher sync compared to all the others so for me it works but cant really say for yours...

You could try the modem first or get it modded so you can see the stats and see if it helps...

Note my figures are when using a modem and router as seperates and not as all in ones apart from the sr102..The sync rates are from the modem stats and not through the router on speed tests etc..

I use the 8800nl in bridge mode only (as a modem) and sent the stats to billion as it does not sync as high as the eci on the several syncs done at different times post g.inp. I am waiting for a response as they asked for the stats for both which they are now looking at so I await a response..
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 08:54:01 PM by skyeci »

deron

« Reply #392 on: April 07, 2016, 08:28:09 AM »

But looking at "skyeci"

he sees:

Eci (66 -68mb)
Sr102(60mb)

I do see faster sync using the eci unlocked modem (bt ) against my hg612 &8800nl & the sr102 but this was ONLY after g.inp was activated on my eci cab. You will only know if it truly helps by testing as no other way of knowing..

Jsamuel on this forum will load openwrt and mod the locked modem so you can get stats from it and lists on ebay. He did mine (as I didnt want to do it myself)and it does allow the stats and gave me the higher sync compared to all the others so for me it works but cant really say for yours...

You could try the modem first or get it modded so you can see the stats and see if it helps...

Note my figures are when using a modem and router as seperates and not as all in ones apart from the sr102..The sync rates are from the modem stats and not through the router on speed tests etc..

I use the 8800nl in bridge mode only (as a modem) and sent the stats to billion as it does not sync as high as the eci on the several syncs done at different times post g.inp. I am waiting for a response as they asked for the stats for both which they are now looking at so I await a response..

You have a link to his ebay page? I may do this, as I'm interested in the stats.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #393 on: April 07, 2016, 08:33:23 AM »

Yeap. This should work hopefully.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231887970610

You just post your bt eci modem with psu.

If the link does not work then search for

Upgrade your BT Openreach FTTC VDSL2 Modem ECI B-FOCuS V-2FUb/R Rev.B OpenWrt
Seller lisa*alexander

The stats are from the luci console.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 08:44:11 AM by skyeci »

deron

« Reply #394 on: April 07, 2016, 09:58:53 AM »

Yeap. This should work hopefully.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231887970610

You just post your bt eci modem with psu.

If the link does not work then search for

Upgrade your BT Openreach FTTC VDSL2 Modem ECI B-FOCuS V-2FUb/R Rev.B OpenWrt
Seller lisa*alexander

The stats are from the luci console.

Cheers...

That works fine.

Terranova667

« Reply #395 on: April 08, 2016, 11:13:34 AM »

Seems i am now G.INP enabled confirmed from plusnet   0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

but it has had a negative effect rather than a positive one my ping has gone from 13-15ms to around 21-25ms  and i have lost down speed my BTW IP profile has dropped from 46.8 to 42.55 so lost almost 4Mb not happy was hoping i would gain not loose, I'm using the Openreach ECI modem and wondering if that is the issue i don't remember at all of it updating firmware etc then again i have no way of knowing due to it being locked and i don't have the skills to unlock one either  :(

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #396 on: April 08, 2016, 11:42:23 AM »

You could always buy a modem that does support G.INP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #397 on: April 08, 2016, 01:13:50 PM »

Terranova, going by the figures it sounds more like you've had interleaving applied rather than g.inp  ???
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #398 on: April 08, 2016, 01:25:50 PM »

But the Plusnet profile shows G.INP is enabled.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #399 on: April 08, 2016, 02:54:54 PM »

Seems i am now G.INP enabled confirmed from plusnet   0.128M-80M Downstream, Retransmission Low - 0.128M-20M Upstream, Error Protection Off

but it has had a negative effect rather than a positive one my ping has gone from 13-15ms to around 21-25ms  and i have lost down speed my BTW IP profile has dropped from 46.8 to 42.55 so lost almost 4Mb not happy was hoping i would gain not loose, I'm using the Openreach ECI modem and wondering if that is the issue i don't remember at all of it updating firmware etc then again i have no way of knowing due to it being locked and i don't have the skills to unlock one either  :(

I too have lost my g.inp on my 8800nl today. Sadly my monitoring pc was down as I was replacing the hard drive.
Lost sync rate on ds with delay and no g.inp.

I wonder what has caused this as it was fine until today..

Update spoke to billion - have sent a newer firmware to try on the 8800nl as seems to be an ongoing issue..unless bt have turned it off ??
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 03:24:38 PM by skyeci »

underzone

• Reg Member
« Reply #400 on: April 08, 2016, 03:33:04 PM »

The guy (billion_fan) on the Billion forum said to try version 2.32d.dm2 on my 8800NL with ECI cab...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/85443427/ETEC8800NL_2.32d.dm2.afw

It does seem to produce less FEC errors...

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #401 on: April 08, 2016, 03:44:37 PM »

Yes thanks. Support just sent me that version so will load it late tonight..
Monitoring back up so will see what happens...

Terranova667

« Reply #402 on: April 08, 2016, 04:21:14 PM »

yeah i'm thinking that but I would rather know if the Openreach ECI modem supports G.INP before splashing out and if it does why it's not helping me and instead made things worse i don't want to spend Money for something that isn't going to improve anything. 

Also If i was to get a new modem I much prefer the separate setup due to how things are layed out at home which is ECI Openreach modem in the master socket in the hallway and the router is upstairs where the main PC is,  pretty much everything of importance to me that i use the most PC PS4,PS3 is connected to the router via Ethernet so if i were to use an all in one i would need a Switch box on top of the expense unless anyone knows of just a ECI modem to replace the Openreach one that is G.INP enabled.

@Ronski   I'm for sure G.INP enabled as noted by Retransmission on the download for my DLM profile if it were Interleaving it would show  Error protection as it does for the upload as for the figures yeah It looks to me like it was when G.INP was first enabled for those who had ECI modems on Huawei cabs and they had ping increases and lost some Down speed, i'm guessing my ECI openreach modem maybe isn't compatible but as i say i have no way of testing that.

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 04:23:25 PM by Terranova667 »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #403 on: April 08, 2016, 04:40:45 PM »

yeah i'm thinking that but I would rather know if the Openreach ECI modem supports G.INP before splashing out and if it does why it's not helping me and instead made things worse i don't want to spend Money for something that isn't going to improve anything. 

Also If i was to get a new modem I much prefer the separate setup due to how things are layed out at home which is ECI Openreach modem in the master socket in the hallway and the router is upstairs where the main PC is,  pretty much everything of importance to me that i use the most PC PS4,PS3 is connected to the router via Ethernet so if i were to use an all in one i would need a Switch box on top of the expense unless anyone knows of just a ECI modem to replace the Openreach one that is G.INP enabled.

@Ronski   I'm for sure G.INP enabled as noted by Retransmission on the download for my DLM profile if it were Interleaving it would show  Error protection as it does for the upload as for the figures yeah It looks to me like it was when G.INP was first enabled for those who had ECI modems on Huawei cabs and they had ping increases and lost some Down speed, i'm guessing my ECI openreach modem maybe isn't compatible but as i say i have no way of testing that.

Well I was going to say you could risk using a billion 8800nl in modem mode which is what I do alongside my asus router. Its supposed to be g.inp compatiable and allows you to get the stats from a pc if you want to using hg612 stats.

Mine has definetly been g.inp but hopefully the new firmware might help as its currently gone.. ???
I have had my line checked and a new dp pair just prior to g.inp and saw better figures after  g.inp so fingers crossed it will be back as it was at some point...

I find its handy having the 8800 as it can be a modem (bridge mode) or modem + router combined so its handy to have should my asus go down...

I have also used  bt  eci modem which had been unlocked and configured with openwrt and it showed g.inp as on plus a higher sync rate than the billion but due to the lack of stats gathering I sent my modem to fellow forum member as he is trying to resolve  the stats issue. Just hope the new firmware will provide a good result on my 8800nl as I am now not totally convinced its compatiable.... ???

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP CF
« Reply #404 on: April 08, 2016, 05:17:35 PM »

what is the "DSL PHY and Driver Version" for that .dm2 firmware? as .dm2 is the first firmware, the old one.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 60

anything