Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Zyxel VMG8924 Problems  (Read 6406 times)

KIAB

• Reg Member
Zyxel VMG8924 Problems
« on: March 05, 2016, 12:08:35 PM »

Having problems setting up the Zyxel VMG8924, went to Quick Start guide & it's showing old user >:(, so did factory reset, restarted & it's still showing old user details & PPPoA connection, what am I doing wrong.  :wall:

Most likely me being a idiot today.

Starman

• Reg Member
Re: Zyxel VMG8924 Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »

Tried the factory reset button on the back?

Chapter 1 Introducing the Device
VMG8924-B10A and VMG8924-B30A Series User’s Guide
1.6  The RESET Button

If you forget your password or cannot access the Web Configurator, you will need to use the RESET button at the back of the device to reload the
factory-default configuration file. This means that you will lose all configurations that you had previously and the password will be reset to “1234”.

1 Make sure the PWR/SYS LED is on (not blinking).
2 To set the device back to the factory default settings, press the RESET button for ten seconds or until the PWR/SYS LED begins to blink
and then release it. When the PWR/SYS LED begins to blink, the defaults have been restored and the device restarts
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 12:16:18 PM by Starman »

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 01:00:38 PM »

Tried the factory reset button on the back?

Chapter 1 Introducing the Device
VMG8924-B10A and VMG8924-B30A Series User’s Guide
1.6  The RESET Button

If you forget your password or cannot access the Web Configurator, you will need to use the RESET button at the back of the device to reload the
factory-default configuration file. This means that you will lose all configurations that you had previously and the password will be reset to “1234”.

1 Make sure the PWR/SYS LED is on (not blinking).
2 To set the device back to the factory default settings, press the RESET button for ten seconds or until the PWR/SYS LED begins to blink
and then release it. When the PWR/SYS LED begins to blink, the defaults have been restored and the device restarts

Finally got it to reset, need to press the reset button abit firmer, got it showing PPPoE , most likely me doing something wrong, have connected Wan from 8924 to Asus  RT N66U from that to pc via LAN port.

But I still can't connect, Internet LED now showing red, think I going to give up today with it.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »

I think you have things the wrong way around.

Set the zyxel in bridge mode.......connect LAN (any) to WAN of RT-N66u.....Set up pppoe on asus .

..... the zyxel would be a modem and the asus the router and wireless access point.

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2016, 02:15:22 PM »

We have almost the same setup and I just went through this, here is my VMG8324 settings for bridge mode :

I disabled wireless and DHCP server and just use a static IP for it.  Here is my router thingies :

Note : the only thing that caught me out was I tried to use the WAN port on my VMG8324.  You come out of a VMG8324 LAN port and into the ROUTER's WAN port (Or at least thats what works for me)

Gimme a shout if you want to check anything

GL!

Chunks

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »

Think I realise what I'm doing wrong. :-[

Thanks for replys, will try this later, if I feeling in a better mood.

Read somewhere WAN port can be switched to a lan port, must have my wires crossed some how with something else
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:45:23 PM by KIAB »

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2016, 01:01:07 PM »

Theres a tutorial here which may help.  It also shows how to connect the ports up so that you can still obtain DSLstats.
http://www.kitz.co.uk/routers/zyxel_VMG8324-B10A_bridge.htm
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

KIAB

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2016, 07:19:00 PM »

Thanks Kitz, tried today & I can't get it to work in bridge mode or as a modem.
Did a factory reset yesterday, will start again & go through everything again in the morning.