Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Cabinets (Split from: Will I ever get FTTC?)  (Read 3588 times)

nick9one1

Re: Cabinets (Split from: Will I ever get FTTC?)
« Reply #15 on: February 29, 2016, 09:30:08 AM »

I haven't been past again yet, so not sure if the fans are running, but...

Funny enough the PCP that was attached to the Huawei 96 in that photo was also replaced shortly before fttc.    I dont think the whole thing was demolished though..  I think they just straight replaced the outer casing.    I dunno though as I didnt see it happen  - I dont go down that road too often.
BS or someone else may be best to answer how they normally do it.

This was the old pcp

are you sure its just a replacement? street view shows no cabinet in the same position, or nearby.
It also looks like there are a few new manhole covers etc.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: February 29, 2016, 12:29:43 PM »

Funny enough the PCP that was attached to the Huawei 96 in that photo was also replaced shortly before fttc.    I dont think the whole thing was demolished though..  I think they just straight replaced the outer casing.    I dunno though as I didnt see it happen  - I dont go down that road too often.

This was the old pcp

are you sure its just a replacement? street view shows no cabinet in the same position, or nearby.

Sorry if I confused,  my response was to William.  The PCP I was talking about was in relation to the Huawei cab in this photo.   That photo shows an ECI  on the left which is twinned to the PCP in the center.   The Huawei cab to the right is twinned with a PCP across the road. 

I attach a street view image which may make things clearer. 
The screen grab shows the old PCP on the RH side of the road which was later replaced with a new PCP cover.   
The PCP on the LH side of the road was FTTC enabled with an ECI cab about 18 months before the one on the RH side.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

nick9one1

« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2016, 12:37:37 PM »

This was the old pcp

Sorry if I confused,  my response was to William.  The PCP I was talking about was in relation to the Huawei cab in this photo.   That photo shows an ECI  on the left which is twinned to the PCP in the center.   The Huawei cab to the right is twinned with a PCP across the road. 

I attach a street view image which may make things clearer. 
The screen grab shows the old PCP on the RH side of the road which was later replaced with a new PCP cover.   
The PCP on the LH side of the road was FTTC enabled with an ECI cab about 18 months before the one on the RH side.

Sorry my mistake.

When users dont start a separate thread for their own questions and change the topic, it's difficult to follow which responses are to the original question/post.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #18 on: February 29, 2016, 01:07:06 PM »

When users dont start a separate thread for their own questions and change the topic, it's difficult to follow which responses are to the original question/post.

Ive tried to split up the thread as best I can to avoid further confusion.  See here for original post.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything