Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Interleaving applied but no idea why  (Read 7119 times)

MikeZ

Re: Interleaving applied but no idea why
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2016, 04:25:17 PM »

It is labeled "Severely ES" and just below ES on the list.  For Remote Viewer/Monitor (v2.0.4).

Thanks - got it now. It wasn't listed at all on the 'Original' graph - I had to switch to 'Standard'.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2016, 04:34:25 PM »

It is labeled "Severely ES" and just below ES on the list.  For Remote Viewer/Monitor (v2.0.4).

Thanks - got it now. It wasn't listed at all on the 'Original' graph - I had to switch to 'Standard'.
See:

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,14361.msg310906.html#msg310906
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2016, 10:21:05 PM »

Your on the Speed profile so you would need to be seeing 2880 errored seconds for the DLM to intervene and at most the ES count over 24 hours has been hitting 847 over 5 days and two small spikes of 10 and 11 SES cannot see that would cause the DLM to take action

No forced re-syncs SNRM looked ok until the 25th of feb 14:37 then it increased on the 26th of feb 6:02 anyway I can't see any reason why the DLM applied interleaving   ???

MikeZ

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2016, 10:29:16 PM »

Your on the Speed profile so you would need to be seeing 2880 errored seconds for the DLM to intervene and at most the ES count over 24 hours has been hitting 847 over 5 days and two small spikes of 10 and 11 SES cannot see that would cause the DLM to take action

No forced re-syncs SNRM looked ok until the 25th of feb 14:37 then it increased on the 26th of feb 6:02 anyway I can't see any reason why the DLM applied interleaving   ???

Thanks - it is rather odd. However, I've only had 13 ES since interleaving was applied so, if it stays this way, maybe it will remove interleaving again within a couple of weeks.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2016, 11:51:26 PM »

Thanks - it is rather odd. However, I've only had 13 ES since interleaving was applied so, if it stays this way, maybe it will remove interleaving again within a couple of weeks.

It's difficult MikeZ but I would ask your ISP which DLM profile your on because I was hit by the change of profile when moving from BT to EE (Speed to Standard non G.INP days) happily hitting 1700 ES per day on speed then standard came in on EE and went Interleaved in 2 days and I think a DLM profile change may also happen when moving from 40/10 to 80/20.

MikeZ

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2016, 08:57:47 AM »

It's difficult MikeZ but I would ask your ISP which DLM profile your on because I was hit by the change of profile when moving from BT to EE (Speed to Standard non G.INP days) happily hitting 1700 ES per day on speed then standard came in on EE and went Interleaved in 2 days and I think a DLM profile change may also happen when moving from 40/10 to 80/20.

I've asked and I'm still on speed (as it were).

Stats are slightly screwed up today because I've had to revert to the previous version of DSLstats due to 'divide by zero' errors. It appears to have re-uploaded some day-old data - that peak in ES is a red herring.

Anyway, traffic lights are all green now, so we'll see what happens...

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2016, 09:11:16 AM »

Stats are slightly screwed up today because I've had to revert to the previous version of DSLstats due to 'divide by zero' errors. It appears to have re-uploaded some day-old data - that peak in ES is a red herring.

I never knew MDWS had a data logging facility. It's never uploaded old data for me?

MikeZ

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2016, 09:27:55 AM »

I never knew MDWS had a data logging facility. It's never uploaded old data for me?

I restored the AppData/Local/dslstats directory from a backup taken just after midnight yesterday so it has re-uploaded data between midnight yesterday and the time that I started running it again (about 05:30 this morning).

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2016, 09:30:49 AM »

I restored the AppData/Local/dslstats directory from a backup taken just after midnight yesterday so it has re-uploaded data between midnight yesterday and the time that I started running it again (about 05:30 this morning).

Ok, so MDWS now uploads archive data?

MikeZ

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2016, 09:47:02 AM »

It was DSLstats that uploaded it due to me restoring an older copy of es.data.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2016, 10:05:32 AM »

It was DSLstats that uploaded it due to me restoring an older copy of es.data.

I must be getting confused. So, DSLstats now uploads archive data to MDWS?

MikeZ

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2016, 10:17:06 AM »

I must be getting confused. So, DSLstats now uploads archive data to MDWS?

DSLstats obviously keeps a record of some data in AppData/Local/dslstats. By restoring an older copy of es.data (which I assume is a database of ES data) I appear to have confused DSLstats into uploading an incorrect ES count. I assume that it compares the ES data from the HG612 with what it has in its database, then uses the two figures to decide what to tell MDWS.

That's just my assumption - the author of DSLstats will be able to explain how it works and what has happened in my case.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2016, 10:48:18 AM »

What MikeZ says is quite correct. It would have been better not to restore the older copy of es.data.
  Eric

MikeZ

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2016, 10:50:53 AM »

What MikeZ says is quite correct. It would have been better not to restore the older copy of es.data.

Thanks :) Yes, I should have tried the older version of DSLstats with the current copy before I restored the old one.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything