Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Turn ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A into a Wireless Access Point?  (Read 897 times)

GRobson

• Just arrived
Turn ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A into a Wireless Access Point?
« on: October 05, 2021, 01:20:53 PM »

Hi everyone.

I've joined the forum as this appears to be THE PLACE for info on the ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A.

I am looking to use mine as a WAP, as in I plug it into my existing Modem/Router and I get WiFi via the ZyXel box.

I have found this walkthru: https://kitz.co.uk/routers/zyxel_VMG8324-B10A_bridge.htm

But it doesnt relate to what I want to do so I wondered if anyone had previously done it?

I have disabled DHCP, changed the IP address of the device, and all the "normal" things I can think of but for some reason it fails to get an internet connection and I must be missing out a step somewhere. (WiFi signal is fine, that aspect is ok, it's just not getting any Internet)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

aesmith

• Kitizen
Re: Turn ZyXEL VMG8324-B10A into a Wireless Access Point?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 03:36:26 PM »

How do you have it connected to your existing router?  You should be connecting one of the "inside" Ethernet ports on the Zyxel so it is effectively just another device on your LAN.  Disable DHCP which you have done, to stop it dishing out incorrect addresses.  Also change the Zyxel's own IP address to be on the same subnet as your home router, but a different host address - this isn't strictly needed to get the wireless AP function working, but if you don't then you won't be able to manage the Zyxel from inside your network.