Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: One Pair Dropwire  (Read 1887 times)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
One Pair Dropwire
« on: March 21, 2016, 05:38:46 PM »

After looking at my master socket I've noticed there is only one pair, I have recently ordered a second line will they just run a second drop wire or replace the one I currently have with a 2 pair one??

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: One Pair Dropwire
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 07:01:08 PM »

Firstly, the second pair may have been 'cut back' and hidden from view on your original DW, giving the impression it's only a single-pair DW ??

Secondly, it's really up to the EU regarding aesthetics as it's your property. If the 2nd circuit is to go next to the existing socket, then any engineer worth his salt would replace the existing wire for one with more pairs, ensuring just the one DW is 'flying' from pole to premises.

:)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »

The Dropwire was installed on the 12 January so it's basically brand new, I seem to vaguely remember when it was installed that their was only ever one pair visible, after checking I'm now certain it only has one pair.

If I can choose to have one or two dropwires, I'd go for the single 2 pair wire.

Any differences in crosstalk between 2 drop wires vs 1?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 10:12:12 PM »

Yes Black Sheep did say those newer lines only have 1 pair installed on the dropwire cable see reply 22 on this thread http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,17300.msg316816/boardseen.html#new

anything