Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: just a couple of querys for a newbie...monitoring etc..  (Read 1514 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
just a couple of querys for a newbie...monitoring etc..
« on: February 08, 2016, 08:53:35 PM »

Hi,

Just hoped someone could offer up some advice please even though I am probably joining the party rather late....

I recently got sky fibre and using the really useful info on this site I found out I was on an eci cabinet so I got hold of an eci based modem and used a router via the wan port and everything has been working just fine using merlin firmware on the router.

I would really like to get the monitoring going so have acquired an HG612 3B modem as from what I can tell the eci unlock is way to complicated for me... so I just wanted to clarify that my hg612 3b will be ok to unlock and to use  bcm96368MVWG_fs_kernel_HG612V100R001C01B030SP08_webgui for the firmware.

In case anyone may need to know I did find it very difficult to locate the modem stats program, many of the links did not work but thankfully I found it through searching old posts which linked up to one I could download. Really looking forward to getting this all setup in the next few days and hoping to upload to mydsl stats all being well. ;D - I have loaded up a version of the stats software and the program reports its on 5.1.5778.35529 so I hope this ok to use.

If there are any other tips I may need to know I would appreciate it very much.

many thanks to all who have made it all possible..

Cheers

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: just a couple of querys for a newbie...monitoring etc..
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:18:57 PM »

Yes, that's a good firmware file to use. As an alternative modem stats program you can use DSLStats from http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/

anything