Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Lost 6Mbit download sync after moving from Sky to BT FTTC  (Read 13731 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Lost 6Mbit download sync after moving from Sky to BT FTTC
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 09:36:05 PM »

Your on the ECI cabinet how bad are those errored seconds since the enginner DLM reset ?

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 10:07:11 PM »

Your on the ECI cabinet how bad are those errored seconds since the enginner DLM reset ?

Pretty bad:

Total time = 8 hours 55 min 34 sec
FEC:      257975      94
CRC:      1654      24
ES:      83      22

My line used to have a very high interleaving depth (800 or so I believe) prior to having G.INP enabled, so I expect DLM to increase the interleaving rather quickly.

I just hope I don't get banded before G.INP comes back, since once your banded that seems to be it, no matter how much of an improvement G.INP makes (in my case, it makes a massive difference, gaining 4-5DB SNR and completely eliminating DS ES).

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 10:40:26 PM »

you can do what les does/did.

either turn off the modem before it hits the daily ES limit (e.g. during sleep/work).
or sync at a modem enforced capped speed to lower the ES rate.

By the way 80 ES in 8 hours is fine.  Yes it seems crazy compared to g.inp levels but its fine for fast path and DLM.

But I notice you posting FEC on the downstream, so you currently interleaved now or are those old stats?

--edit--

Looks like you posted older ES stats.

Today you approaching 2k ES, turn it off overnight.  Asuming you on the speed DLM profile then DLM shouldnt intervene.

--edit2--

I see you have some DS FEC logged even tho you have fast path settings, seems odd to me.  But regardless turn the line off overnight.

Am I checking the right line on MDWS? seems we have 2 daves's here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:51:54 PM by Chrysalis »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 11:32:46 PM »

I think you maybe looking at Daveesh1 stats as he has 2K of errored seconds but Dave2150
does not appear on MDWS

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2016, 12:41:27 AM »

you can do what les does/did.

either turn off the modem before it hits the daily ES limit (e.g. during sleep/work).
or sync at a modem enforced capped speed to lower the ES rate.

By the way 80 ES in 8 hours is fine.  Yes it seems crazy compared to g.inp levels but its fine for fast path and DLM.

But I notice you posting FEC on the downstream, so you currently interleaved now or are those old stats?

--edit--

Looks like you posted older ES stats.

Today you approaching 2k ES, turn it off overnight.  Asuming you on the speed DLM profile then DLM shouldnt intervene.

--edit2--

I see you have some DS FEC logged even tho you have fast path settings, seems odd to me.  But regardless turn the line off overnight.

I'm not currently uploading to MDWS.

Here are my current stats:

DSL Stats is reporting 7.73 ES per hour on average. Do you think that's high enough to warrant turning off my modem at night? I'd thought to keep it on 24/7 until G.INP gets reactivated.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2016, 01:41:48 AM »

Ok so you interleaved DS, those ES are way too low to worry about, they may be stopping you go green but not enough to go red.

For comparison I am getting on avg over 50 ES per hour.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2016, 09:06:21 PM »

Hope you mind me adding my own stats into this thread you are getting 37000Kbps on the attainable and a sync rate of 33000 kbps the same as myself but I am only getting 34000 kbps on the attainable.

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2016, 09:21:43 PM »

Your DS interleaving depth of 4 is significantly lower than Dave's.

TBH, it's the lowest value other than 1 that I have seen on a VDSL2 connection.

When interleaving depths are higher, we do tend to see 'artificially' higher Attainable rates.

Also, your attainable rates will vary as SNRM varies on your connection (by as much as 2dB difference between peak & lowest values if memory serves correctly).

How much do your attainable rates vary each day?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2016, 09:28:07 PM »

The attainable will drift by 2 Mbps over 24 hours

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2016, 09:52:49 PM »

I need to correct my previous post I am getting closer to 11 ES/hour not 50 sorry. But still shows 8 ES/hour is fine.

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2016, 04:56:03 PM »

Excellent news - it's now been two days since my DLM reset (which removed my banding and G.INP) - I'm pleased to confirm that G.INP has been re-activated at some point today!

Current download sync speed = 35938kbps! Highest I've ever had on my line  ;D

I'm extremely happy with this result, as I explained earlier in the thread, my line had been banded at 27400kbps ever since migrating from Sky FTTC to BT retail. Note it was banded even after G.INP was enabled on my line many weeks ago, which meant my line was running at 10-11DB SNR. DLM just didn't want to remove the banding.

Here are my current stats:

Many thanks to all helped me reach this result, as you can probably tell I'm rather chuffed it all worked out well in the end  :)

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2016, 08:43:12 PM »

Hope you mind me adding my own stats into this thread you are getting 37000Kbps on the attainable and a sync rate of 33000 kbps the same as myself but I am only getting 34000 kbps on the attainable.

Don't mind at all. I don't understand why your line runs a few Mbit slower than mine, when your DS attenuation is lower than mine. Surely you should have a higher sync than me?

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2016, 05:59:32 PM »

Update, seems my line continues to get better and better!

Currently synced at an all time record of 36117Kbps! Not bad for my 26.7dB attenuation aluminium line!

I'm hoping the 3dB profile gets rolled out nationwide soon, my line is incredibly stable with G.INP, literally no ES's on the downstream!

Slightly offtopic, but I wonder if anyone could explain to me how to correctly read my Hlog? It appears to be a stable curve for most tones, but upon reaching tone 2750, there are many spikes.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:02:21 PM by Dave2150 »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #43 on: April 25, 2016, 06:12:28 PM »

Looks good for a 4 band users like myself :) don't know if have mentioned your local loop length on the forums before
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 06:15:15 PM by NewtronStar »

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #44 on: April 25, 2016, 06:30:22 PM »

Looks good for a 4 band users like myself :) don't know if have mentioned your local loop length on the forums before

The 'boost' engineer that reset my DLM last week said it was 450M, but almost all aluminium. He did look for other pairs that he could swap me too, but we're pretty much at full capacity/utilization here it seems.

The engineer said it was just a matter of time waiting for it to be replaced, though I'm not getting too excited, knowing my luck these aluminium lines around here will outlast me!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:27:12 PM by Dave2150 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4