Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Some work near me, but not at my PCP.  (Read 2537 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Some work near me, but not at my PCP.
« on: February 05, 2016, 04:50:03 PM »

In Roadworks pages
nformation for Operational Teams
Highway Authority:
Hampshire County Council
Description:
1 ,Erect/Renew 1 PCP cabinet and base (600mm x 300mm x 1000mm),Install 1m of 2 poly ducts in Verge,Provide 2 core drill(s) into jointbox or building
Works ref:
BC005WP00100500184916201
Current status:
Advanced planning
Work info last updated:
09:41 on 05/02/2016
Last updated on roadworks.org:
15:52 on 05/02/2016

I'll guess it's nothing more than repairs and renewals, unless someone knows different!

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Some work near me, but not at my PCP.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »

If there is a pre-existing PCP at that location, then I would suggest that it is either being re-shelled or being totally replaced.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 06:12:25 PM »

I'm just going to raise something here. I would take these roadwork plans as a pinch of salt as on http://www.roadworks.org it says that there is work planned between 1 Feb - 14 Feb on the main road into my village, but it's not gone ahead.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 06:40:40 PM »

Hmmm ?? It reads to me like maybe a new FTTC Cab is being erected ..... just reading that 2 new ducts to be installed and core drilling into the UG box required, is what has me thinking this way.  :)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 06:44:55 PM »

Yes, I would agree with your assessment but I have seen that exact same description used on many other occasions, almost as if it is a generic "description filler".

Perhaps Ren could check the location when he next passes and let us know what, currently, is in-situ?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 06:49:08 PM »

14th is still not yet! It could be that there are delays us oiks will know nothing about, sometimes from silly accidents.

An example, a relative, chartered land surveyor, did some needfully extremely accurate marking out at a site 120 miles away.
Someone with a fork-lift managed to remove  a marker. That caused another 240 mile return trip to replace it, and the work planned for that day had to be rescheduled. ::) 

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 06:55:24 PM »

Yes, I would agree with your assessment but I have seen that exact same description used on many other occasions, almost as if it is a generic "description filler".

Perhaps Ren could check the location when he next passes and let us know what, currently, is in-situ?

You could be right about the generic terminology, Mr Cat ? It shows as both an existing 'Copper Cab' and a 'DSLAM Cab' as being in-situ at this location ....... basically next to the White Hart Inn, which I'm sure Ren knows of ??  ;) ;D

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2016, 07:51:47 PM »

....... basically next to the White Hart Inn, which I'm sure Ren knows of ??  ;) ;D
A few house down along the S'oton Road actually. I'm much more familiar with the bus stop than the pub.

My, nearer, PCP, I think may have converted to Islam: for months it has been modestly covered in a plastic tent. ;D

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2016, 08:15:50 PM »

....... basically next to the White Hart Inn, which I'm sure Ren knows of ??  ;) ;D
A few house down along the S'oton Road actually. I'm much more familiar with the bus stop than the pub.

My, nearer, PCP, I think may have converted to Islam: for months it has been modestly covered in a plastic tent. ;D

I realised that from the map (approx. 50mtrs away), but thought it easier to mention the pub as a reference point.  ;)
The square with a cross in it indicates the original Cab ...... the blue dot indicates it has a sister DSLAM.  :)