Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: HG612 Modem Stats, setup file?  (Read 2007 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
HG612 Modem Stats, setup file?
« on: January 21, 2016, 10:28:05 PM »

I'm trying to setup the stats program on the windows 10 computer. I downloaded the zip file, but apart from unzipping the file in to different directories.. what is the actual .exe file I have to load to install the program?

I manually changed some directory names to match up to the paths it wanted but I can't get it to start reading.

I might be missing something obvious here, its just been so long since I set it going on this older comp that I forget  :(
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: HG612 Modem Stats, setup file?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 10:32:13 PM »

Ok, figured it out.. HG612_Run.exe was the exe I needed to run.

The only problem now is when I select to setup a scheduled task it says that the HG612 stats program doesn't exist.

Also when I exit the program it asks me to setup a logging task. At one point it asks me for an account name and password. What is this for, windows? or the modem?

I don't remember it being this complicated before. I'm sure I've run a wrong .exe file first... any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:39:19 PM by Bowdon »

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:50:08 PM »

Ok, I figured it out.. doh lol.. I'll need another brandy after this lol.

I'm trying to take some of my main programs over to the W10 machine as I'll be binning this computer and just keep the HDD drive as a USB enclosure drive. The annoying thing is not being able to run the programs off it. At least I think I can't?

Bald_Eagle1

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 11:20:34 PM »

It works fine on Windows 10.

When unzipping the file using default settings, you should have on drive C: a folder named HG612_Modem_Stats

That folder should have subfolders named Apps, Current_Stats, Event & Error Logs, Ongoing_Stats & Scripts.

When setting up the task via HG612 Stats logging GUI.exe, the account name & password are the ones you use to login to Windows.

Nothing's changed in how the programs are initially set up and the logging task created.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 11:35:10 PM »

Yup.. I figured it out at last. So it's all working now.

The bits were I thought I'd have to manually set it up worked well. It was that I forgot the procedure to start the logging lol.

anything