Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Current views on a move to Plusnet  (Read 14725 times)

speedyrite

Re: Current views on a move to Plusnet
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2016, 11:24:41 AM »

they will discount 40/10 without tv but not 80/20 thats why I asked.  So you should still be able to get a deal.

@Chrysalis
Called Sky today as the last discount (which was Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro with a £10 per month discount for 10 months with a 12 month re-contract from 2 April 2015) ended yesterday. Asked for a downgrade from the 80/20 to the 40/10 and was told that it wasn't permitted until the end of the re-contract term which is in 2 months time.

Following a short but amicable discussion about pricing for "up to 76Mbps" services with a couple of their mainstream competitors, I was very surprised (especially given that it's barely a month since our Sky TV ceased) to get offered a £10 per month discount for 12 months to continue on Sky Fibre Unlimited Pro, in exchange for a 12 month re-contract on Sky Talk & Broadband from today.

I suppose I could have tested the waters by pushing for a downgrade to 40/10 AND a discount, but I was happy to accept and continue on the current basis for another year.

So yes there are still deals to be done with Sky!

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2016, 12:27:37 PM »

nice, in the world of retentions its a lucky dip. You drawn a winning ticket.

I think thats a cracking deal, sky fibre pro at pricing comparable to plusnet but a much better network.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »

The TTB congestion seems to have vanished both me and other victims (see current BQM below) and given the not uncommon trouble arising during a move from either TT or TTB, I have decided to leave matters as they are until I see whether any G.INP or other upgrade appears for ECI cabs this year.  If it ever happens for ECI's then G.INP would probably stop the TTB setting of a stable FTTC DLM profile from bothering me.

TTB dealt with the issue very reasonably apart from a persistent message that the network work team only treat congestion issues seriously after an engineers visit to check things.  I eventually persuaded then that an engineer visit would be waste of their money but it took a few calls on separate days (all answered in minutes) to get someone who actually overrode the need for an engineer visit.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2016, 04:04:12 PM »

Glad they appear to have fixed it :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2016, 05:20:55 PM »

does anyone know if the ES/day threshold on g.inp profiles is lowered or left at the same?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

anything