Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MDWS RE_SYNC Email  (Read 1815 times)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
MDWS RE_SYNC Email
« on: January 20, 2016, 07:13:28 PM »

Had two resync yesterday but didn't get email from MDWS to say that I had had a resync with the new speed any ideas.  This has worked in the past

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: MDWS RE_SYNC Email
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:10:43 PM »

I can't answer your query regarding the e-mail messages but I am looking at the last 48 hours worth of statistics for your circuit.

The SNRM plot shows that two resynchronisation events occurred, the first at 1126 hours (on 19th January) and the second at 2030 hours (also 19th January). Between those two events there does not appear to be any data available to plot.

The SNRM, CRCs and FECs plots all look reasonable (ignoring the data gap).

The Hlog plot shows nothing to be concerned about, the physical metallic pathway is seen as perfectly reasonable. However the QLN plot seems to indicate that you have significant crosstalk affecting the first two DS bands. It is clear that a significant power cut back has been applied in the first DS band, the reason being so as not to "drown out" the ADSL signals on circuits which also share the same D-side cable binder as your VDSL2 circuit.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 10:20:45 PM »

Had two resync yesterday but didn't get email from MDWS to say that I had had a resync with the new speed any ideas.  This has worked in the past

I get copy mails and received both of them here. Checking the mail server logs shows they were both accepted by your own mail server for immediate delivery so they should be somewhere at your end. Usual suspect is the SPAM folder or maybe trash if you have one. The fixed part of the message content hasn't changed for many months.

NB Both this and your other post should have gone in the dedicated MDWS thread - I'd have picked them up much quicker then...
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 06:39:23 AM »

Sorry Tony will remember for next time. I will check the folders. The reason the is no info be 11.00 and 20.30 is I switch modem off while bt were working on the line.