Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: IP profile  (Read 7498 times)

daveesh1

• Reg Member
Re: IP profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2016, 08:08:30 PM »

Thanks for the info. I will give it a go and see what's happens. Not probably  the right way to do it but if I keep re-sync the modem so DLM kicks in and lowers speed below min then I suppose they will have to come out and chance of a call out charge is reduced.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2016, 09:15:19 PM »

Thanks for the info. I will give it a go and see what's happens. Not probably  the right way to do it but if I keep re-sync the modem so DLM kicks in and lowers speed below min then I suppose they will have to come out and chance of a call out charge is reduced.

Manually re-syncing the FTTC modem is not the right way to go about this that just sounds like an act of despair all this is going to do is activate interleaving on your circuit is that what you want ?

Interleaving will lower the errored seconds !
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 09:25:18 PM by NewtronStar »

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2016, 09:19:04 PM »

No its not but know what it is like trying to get BT to send an engineer. I will give them a try and see what happens, will keep you posted

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2016, 09:28:50 PM »

No its not but know what it is like trying to get BT to send an engineer. I will give them a try and see what happens, will keep you posted

Have you had any engineer visits in the past 2 years ?

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2016, 10:29:03 PM »

Will be just under two years for slow speed. Moved master socket into office and did DLM reset. Sync went from 32 to 39 given speed of around 38

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2016, 10:30:35 PM »

Well spoke to India supposed to be getting eng Tuesday AM we shall see

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2016, 11:44:43 PM »

Just something of which you should be aware . . .

If someone decides to read the data logs for your circuit, the resynchronisation events will be seen. Each event will have a "reason" code stored with it, so your deliberate attempts to "make the circuit look bad" will be noticed. And that will be a justified reason to charge for an Openreach engineering visit.

If the service works well; if it is doing what you want; just make use of it!  :)

I appreciate the interest in attempting to understand the finer points of the operation of an xDSL circuit but, at times, it can just become an obsession.  :-X
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2016, 11:53:07 PM »

Yes it can. Well we will see if engineer turns up and if they find anything will keep you posted..

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2016, 10:46:16 PM »

Well engineer turned up reset DLM "no errors on there mate thats clear"  put some new crimps on the external cable were it joins the internal cable,  surprise surprise errors are steadily increasing again

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2016, 11:25:41 PM »

Well engineer turned up reset DLM "no errors on there mate thats clear"  put some new crimps on the external cable were it joins the internal cable,  surprise surprise errors are steadily increasing again

Did you get any JDSU information from the engineer like the pair balance

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 11:39:59 PM »

Nope he just wanted in and to get out. At one point didn't even think he was going to do reset. Speed back up to 40 but not expecting it to stay there but ha ho you never know.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 11:53:04 PM »

We shall see when you made this thread/post you were certain your line was capped now with a line reset performed that should have been removed.

The next 24 hours is important for you on the DLM speed profile and amber on all at the moment you would need to reach 2880 errored seconds on speed profile before the DLM does it's stuff.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2016, 12:01:17 AM by NewtronStar »

daveesh1

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2016, 06:33:28 AM »

Yes it was capped even the engineer said it was. Speed has now gone to Ddown 39999 up 7. Modem has an sync attainable of down 47525 8625 up. But after 9 hours ES 505 and 5 on the up. As yes say next 24 hours and we will see.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything