Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: This is odd .  (Read 2943 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
This is odd .
« on: January 02, 2016, 10:11:31 PM »

How can this happen on this graph ?.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: This is odd .
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:28:46 PM »

The graph is "odd" because the data from which it is plotted is corrupt. Specifically, the data on the x-axis is corrupt.

Has there been some event that has set back, by nearly half an hour, the system's concept of time?
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 10:51:50 PM »

Do any of the other graphs provide clues about what happened?
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:00:01 PM »

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

It happened when I went to BT.com site and tried to test my phone line because my 'up' is being affected when we make a phone calls (see 12.27 & 14.27 ), but the BT site came up with an error message and after try a few more times I gave up.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 11:13:54 PM »

Do any of the other graphs provide clues about what happened?

krypton

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 11:55:30 PM »

There was a resync at 15:15. You will see these strange graphs every time after a resync if you set the sampling time smaller than 60 seconds.
It seems to be a bug in dslstats because it counts 1 minute at the graph with each sample during interrupted dsl connection and jumps back to the current time after the connection is restored.
Only roseway can fix this or you set sampling time to 60 seconds. :)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 07:39:40 AM »

Morphium is probably right with that diagnosis. I'll add it to the todo list, but for various reasons I'm afraid it's not going to get fixed any time soon.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 01:35:19 PM »

Morphium is probably right with that diagnosis. I'll add it to the todo list, but for various reasons I'm afraid it's not going to get fixed any time soon.

Ok That's no problem, I thought I had traveled back in time for a few seconds.  ;D

anything