Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VDSL2 Modem Router Recommendation  (Read 1558 times)

stinga

• Just arrived
VDSL2 Modem Router Recommendation
« on: December 29, 2015, 04:40:28 PM »

Hey

For the last couple of months I have been using a TP-Link VR900 but I have been experiencing wireless dropouts / pauses. - Certain devices will lose external connection, eg. can't ping external sites or load up web pages although will remain connected to the router over wifi. If I reconnect the device(s) then it carries on working fine until next time, which could be 10min or 24hours. If I don't reconnect the device then it will magically start working after 10min or so. At first I thought it was only effecting devices on 5GHz but alas one of the devices uses 2.4.

So what recommendations can people give? ideally I'm looking for 5 and 2.4 ghz wireless but would drop the 5 if it meant stability. I'm on a Huawei cabinet so would want a Broadcom chip. I was already looking at the NETGEAR D7000-100UKS Nighthawk AC1900 but I wasn't sure if that had a Broadcom in.

Dan

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: VDSL2 Modem Router Recommendation
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 05:47:50 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.

For the last couple of months I have been using a TP-Link VR900 but I have been experiencing wireless dropouts / pauses.

I am currently using a TP-Link VR900 via the 5 GHz wireless band and find it to be incredibly robust and stable. Have you checked that your VR900 is using the latest version of the firmware?

Firmware download page
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.