Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: *** Beware *** KB3035583 another forced install of 'Get Win 10' Crapware.  (Read 3712 times)

AArdvark

• Kitizen

Beware of the latest update for Win 7 and 8.x

KB3035583 https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3035583

It does not warn what you are installing in the brief 'Standard' text but it is the new updated GWX Crapware.

Thank you MS ...... yet again. >:( >:(

jelv

• Helpful
  • Kitizen

Every time I've experienced a significant upgrade in Windows (e.g. 3.11 to 95) I've found it hard it get used to the change and for some weeks been wishing I was back on the old version.

I've had been using a Windows 7 PC for some time and recently bought a new PC with Windows 10. The plan was to spend some evenings getting used to the new version and transferring stuff across with a view to making the permanent swap between Christmas and new year. It didn't work out like that - I've made the swap already because I so like the new version.

The holiday will be spent upgrading the old PC to Win 10 for my wife as she is currently using an XP machine.

I do agree with you about the M$ tactics however - doing the downloads automatically without the user opting to do so was criminal!
Broadband and Line rental: Zen Unlimited Fibre 2, Mobile: Vodaphone
Router: Fritz!Box 7530

broadstairs

• Kitizen

I have one W7 PC left now and it will not get any updates as it only runs my weather station. As soon as I can find weather s/w which runs under Linux and does what my current s/w does this last M$ PC will go Linux.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

Beware of the latest update for Win 7 and 8.x

KB3035583 https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3035583

It does not warn what you are installing in the brief 'Standard' text but it is the new updated GWX Crapware.

Thank you MS ...... yet again. >:( >:(
that kb is five months old ☺

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

AArdvark

• Kitizen

Chrysalis, it just appeared on my PC, at the time, and I did not check the date.
I was more concerned that MS was still pushing the 'Win 10' update by stealth.
Probably old because I have automatic updates switched off, now I think about it !!

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Al1264

Probably old because I have automatic updates switched off, now I think about it !!
No, it appeared on 18 Dec on my office PC and that's kept up to date - possibly 're-issued' by MS?
Plusnet - FTTC - AVM Fritz!Box 7490

loonylion

• Reg Member

likely this, they reissue them to try to catch out people that have already blocked them. You will upgrade to windows 10 or else...

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP

well its possible MS reissued it which would unhide it as an update if hidden, if so they been very sly.

AArdvark

• Kitizen

Thanks for the clarification, it appears MS is very sly!! :)

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

anything