Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Firefox 43 release will disable any unsigned extensions  (Read 8637 times)

broadstairs

• Kitizen
Re: Firefox 43 release will disable any unsigned extensions
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 11:01:59 AM »

Having been using Palemoon for a while now I am finding issues with it which is making me think again. It takes an age to load Instagram and while doing so the whole browser hangs up, it does not support CSS3 and so my login to the TT community screen is badly formed and a pain to enter credentials on. It also lags badly soemmtimes when typing stuff into search bars on web pages.

Also on Fedora 23 which is KDE/Plasma 5 the mouse cursors are not set correctly so they change from system default when the mouse is over the Palemoon screen but default on title bar and the main system panel. So all in all I dont believe it is yet a complete replacement. However this is also the case with every browser I've tried on Fedora 23 so I suspect that is a system bug.

I have tried Icecat which is a GNU version of Firefox but it also is much more current and I believe does have some of the FF issues relating to signed extensions etc.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 10:33:30 AM »

I am still trying to get Icecat to import passwords/usernames from Firefox. So far this has proved impossible to achieve and no helpful replies from their mailing list so unless or until I can resolved that Icecat is a no-no. Which leaves me for now back at Firefox despite my worries about its future direction.

None of the browsers display correctly on Fedora 23 KDE/Plasma 5 which is a system issue so I guess I'll have to live with that for now until they get KDE sorted which might be a few months yet.

Unless that is someone comes up with another browser I can try  ;) (Linux 64-bit of course).

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 01:28:33 AM »

Firefox is massively improved when enabling E10 (yes it can be enabled on stable) but they keep pushing its rollout back so i assume they still got issues developing it.

The signing system for extensions i think is no coincidence I think to get E10 working properly they need to lock down some extension functions.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything