Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: TP-LINK AC1900 VR900 with Plusnet  (Read 3764 times)

ianjh

• Just arrived
TP-LINK AC1900 VR900 with Plusnet
« on: December 04, 2015, 06:02:45 PM »

Hello,
New to this forum, just wondering if anyone can assist me with trying to get this unit to connect to Plusnet.

I've tried the 'quicksetup' routine, Manual setup routine, entered username as username@plusdsl.net plus password Changed VLAN etc etc followed the guide on this site and elsewhere all to no avail - the WiFi shows on our two MACS but will not connect to the same socket used for the BT Openreach Modem. I've rebooted, AC1900, MACS, used three different connection leads from the BT socket- including the one that works with the Openreach box.

It all seemed so easy, boy was I wrong - also noted a speed drop whilst ive been messing about with this currently useless but good looking box.

Any help or suggestions woud be appreciated.

Thanks

Ian

jid

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Re: TP-LINK AC1900 VR900 with Plusnet
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 10:15:38 PM »

Most likely it needs a Firmware update to have the latest list of ISP configs. I don't use PLusnet so I sadly cannot help with the settings.

As for your speed drop, thats due to DLM, and it will recover. So to get this right, it wouldn't authenticate with Plusnet?
Kind Regards
Jamie

BT FTTP - 75meg | Sky Q |  Bridgend Weather

bobpullen

• ISP Rep
    • Plusnet
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 09:24:09 AM »

I set one of these up the other day for somebody that was having difficulty. The only non-standard things I can remember doing is explicitly setting the authentication method to CHAP and changing the connection type to VDSL/Annex A from whatever it was defaulted to.
Bob Pullen
Plusnet
Product Team
community.plus.net

ianjh

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2015, 10:56:57 AM »

Many thanks for your input guys.

Yes upgraded the Firmware - still no luck - and i guess i tried every combination of connection settings i found here, on Amazon, TP Support, DS Forums and PlusNet.

A great looking piece of kit that promised so much - but didnt deliver for me - returned it to Amazon, may try something else sometime.

PlusNet are aparently dealing with the drop in  my speed - im awaiting their support team to contact me!

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2015, 01:19:25 PM »

When I beta tested one of these it connected and worked fine with Plusnet fibre broadband. You was trying to use it standalone without the BT modem wasn't you?

PS.There's probably nothing PN can do about your drop in speed, if it's DLM related you'll just have wait until it relents.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

ianjh

• Just arrived
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »

Yes and tried three different cables to connect directly to the BT wall mounted box.

Regarding the drop in speed - its a 'local' problem everyone in our crescent is suffering - problems with the line to the FFTC cabinet I uderstand?

anything