Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Rain affects US SNR but not DS  (Read 18601 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Rain affects US SNR but not DS
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2015, 11:39:33 PM »

I wish it were mine 😢

And me to then my dropwire would stop picking up those far away chinese broadcasts during the evening which lowers my DS SNRM it's over three years with a 1000 meter FTTC line and it is still a pain in the arse   >:(

marjohn56

• Reg Member
Re: Rain affects US SNR but not DS
« Reply #76 on: December 12, 2015, 09:18:34 AM »

I am a little bit curious into the engineer replaced cable from pole to house to me that sounds like they replaced the drop-wire cable or is it a case they used a different pair on the drop-wire cable as it has two pairs available  :-\

He replaced the entire run from the pole all the way to the back of the box in the hall; there used to be a joint under the gutter which a previous engineer had fitted when we moved into the house and relocated the telephone point.

His comment was that he had worked for BT/OR for 30 years and the cable type he replaced was from before that, I do wonder about the underground stretch from the pole to the cab!

Despite all the negativity one reads, there are still some very good and conscientious engineers working for OR, and I got one of them.... well impressed.

Cable was replaced Thursday, there was strangely a drop in SNRM on the US after the cable was replaced, however no drops in sync and it's solid. Below is the graph, you can see what happened last Sunday.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 11:03:00 AM by marjohn56 »
OPNsense 18.* - Billion Bridge - Qotom Q355G4 - ISP - ZEN U.K.

Team Rebellion Member
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

anything