Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: G.INP in full flow  (Read 8702 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: G.INP in full flow
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »

Ah, I believe that is the subject of a thread, Ofcom WiFi Checker, which was started by 7LM earlier today.  :)

Oh I see it's a wifi thing already have an app on phone to test signal strength and channel overlaps.

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »

This ofcom app tests ping and packet loss to/from router

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 09:15:07 PM »

May be ofcom should purchase DSLstats for £4 million to get to the truth of what really happens to Broadband customers lines it is as close to a JDSU as we will get  ;)

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 09:51:19 PM »

May be ofcom should purchase DSLstats for £4 million to get to the truth of what really happens to Broadband customers lines it is as close to a JDSU as we will get  ;)

They'd need to be be able to monitor the whole country remotely though. Um...  Maybe invent a universal router that has a built in uploader to MDWS.

:doh: where did I store that Tandem NonStop I used to interface with.... :cool:
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »

They'd need to be be able to monitor the whole country remotely though. Um...  Maybe invent a universal router that has a built in uploader to MDWS.
I wonder if there's enough room in a Huawei HG612 to implement such an uploader?

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2015, 07:32:25 PM »

I'm just following up this post to add another graph to the data I reported in the first post.

Where "tenbyboy2" had G.INP retransmission happening in full flow, with some blocks being retransmitted more than once, there is obviously a knock-on impact to latency for *some* packets.

That impacts can be seen in a TBB BQM - where the yellow "max latency" bar is thicker by perhaps 5ms from 10pm through to 3pm. I guess that tells us the maximum additional latency that G.INP introduces.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2015, 08:50:38 PM »

WWWombat I would have thought my line should get a latency below 20ms with G.INP but it does seem to stuck at 28ms and no amount of gateway jumping resolves this, I can remember being served by maidenhead 2 years ago.

But only seem to have two gateways dundalk or douglas these have higher latencys while maidenhead was close to 15ms what has changed on this line ?

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 01:33:30 AM »

I don't know enough about your line or history to recognise this. Can you post some details?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 06:54:40 PM »

I don't know enough about your line or history to recognise this. Can you post some details?

Not much to post just whats in MDWS this a BT wholesale only exchange and FTTC 40/10 is fed by a larger exchange 2.5 miles from local telephony exchange, the first year with FTTC the latency was like 12-15ms and a year later is was 25ms then it hit a high of 45ms and then when G.INP was switched on it now sits at 28ms.

It is funny just passed my FTTC Cabinet number 1 to-day it has sticker on it saying fibre available it has been fore more than 3 years wonder why they do that  :-\
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 07:06:39 PM by NewtronStar »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 10:32:06 AM »

I'm just following up this post to add another graph to the data I reported in the first post.

Where "tenbyboy2" had G.INP retransmission happening in full flow, with some blocks being retransmitted more than once, there is obviously a knock-on impact to latency for *some* packets.

That impacts can be seen in a TBB BQM - where the yellow "max latency" bar is thicker by perhaps 5ms from 10pm through to 3pm. I guess that tells us the maximum additional latency that G.INP introduces.
nice thanks for the data,  that is still way better than either packet loss or permanent increased base latency via traditional interleaving

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Pages: 1 [2]