Announcements > News Articles

Joe Garner Steps down

(1/4) > >>

jid:
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/11/bt-openreach-loses-ceo-joe-garner-at-pivotal-point-for-telecoms-giant.html

--- Quote ---In a surprise move BT has confirmed that the Chief Executive Officer of their Openreach division, Joe Garner, is step down in order to take on the same role at the Nationwide Building Society. The switch comes at a pivotal point for the telecoms giant, which is facing the possibility of a split from BT group.
--- End quote ---

admin - fixed link

kitz:
Not been there long has he? 

Moving on to a totally different industry, which just goes to show that CEO's these days dont need to have an in-depth knowledge about the product that the company they are in charge of is all about.   :'(

AArdvark:
The obvious comment is does he know something we don't? !!

Interesting to see who takes on the role.
I would bet that someone internal (to BT Group) is moved into the job.

Interesting times.  ;D

loonylion:

--- Quote from: AArdvark on November 16, 2015, 11:51:15 AM ---I would bet that someone internal (to BT Group) is moved into the job.

--- End quote ---

I nominate Black Sheep  :D

Black Sheep:

--- Quote from: loonylion on November 16, 2015, 02:40:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: AArdvark on November 16, 2015, 11:51:15 AM ---I would bet that someone internal (to BT Group) is moved into the job.

--- End quote ---

I nominate Black Sheep  :D

--- End quote ---

LOL ….. looking at the 'Business speak' that was used in the other announcement we received about changes in mid-management, I would be lost within seconds.

I have to say, I think (without GOOGLING) that this is the shortest tenure we've had of a CEO. I really don't know what JB brought to the party, we didn't get info filtered to us anyway near as much as with other CEO's in the chair. Whether this was down to Joe's way of working, or Openreach's, I wouldn't know ?

But, as soon as we minions see that changes are happening yet again, we roll our eyes and just know somebody will take over who is 'Really excited about the future' and how they will 'Listen to the guys at the frontline'. All b0llocks. It just means new processes will come in as the new management tiers try to put their stamp on their new role. Seen it a million times over  ::) ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version